Thread: Australian GMC K1500

Fuel Injected!

Australian GMC K1500

Hello fellas,
    I have been hanging around in the back ground for a few months while build a new engine for my ute, while building the engine was not a problem (Diesel fitter ) the tuning is new to me. So the engine is in the vehicle now and with my new Autoprom from moates I have been adjusting away and slowly getting the desired results.
    The knowledge that is shared on this forum has answered several questions for me. So thank you to all.

Just out of interest sake the engine I built is a 5.7 tbi with vortec cylinder heads running a GM proformance manifold taken out to 2" bores with a Holley tbi unit. The cam shaft is a GM 14097395

All this except for the block and crank was ordered through the post from USA and Australian suppliers. The Postman thought i was ordering a car bit by bit

Any way thanks again everybody.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith74 View Post
    Hello fellas,
    I have been hanging around in the back ground for a few months while build a new engine for my ute, while building the engine was not a problem (Diesel fitter ) the tuning is new to me. So the engine is in the vehicle now and with my new Autoprom from moates I have been adjusting away and slowly getting the desired results.
    The knowledge that is shared on this forum has answered several questions for me. So thank you to all.

Just out of interest sake the engine I built is a 5.7 tbi with vortec cylinder heads running a GM proformance manifold taken out to 2" bores with a Holley tbi unit. The cam shaft is a GM 14097395

All this except for the block and crank was ordered through the post from USA and Australian suppliers. The Postman thought i was ordering a car bit by bit

Any way thanks again everybody.
    I can give you one word of advice on the Holley TBI unit. Be sure to use the manifold vacuum fitting on the front of the TBI unit for the MAP sensor. The rear port that usually connects to the MAP sensor is in a flawed location right in the IAC passage. If you use the rear port the engine will practically flood itself on a cold start.