Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Need a new engine...questions...

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    1. The heads have the conventional 12 bolt intake manifold attaching design used from 1955 through late 1980?
    2. 326 lb-ft of torque @ 3750 RPM
    3. Duration @ .050" (222°Int/222° Exh)
    4. That engine sucks compared to next one up with more HP and lower tourqe RPM.

As a rule of thumb EFI cams can be tuned with Flat Tappet Duration @ .050" (214°Int/224° Exh) little less on engines smaller then 350ci and a little more on engines more then 350ci

Yes bigger cams can be tuned it just a lot more work.
    Those are the same heads they used up until 86. I had those heads on my GM Goodwrench replacement, 1 piece rear main. The cam had an LSA of 109* i think, and surprisingly enough, worked good when I installed TPI. Those heads will accomodate all accsessories, looks like the water pump outlet on the passenger side may be hiding the other bolt hole.

But, with that 2 piece main block, you would need a different flywheel, and harmonic balancer as well.

Fuel Injected!
    I got a summit intake http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-226016/ and it doesn't have provisions for the EGR. Yup, 3/4 ton version. I'll see what I can do with start up video.