Thread: JET DST with AVT-852 cable

Carb and Points!

JET DST with AVT-852 cable

Does anybody know if the AVT-852 cable will work out of the box with the JET DST software? Just need to put it in test mode to read out the bin file. CAN communications. for 2014-16 GM E92 ECM. The 14005 Jet DST will not work with CAN BUS, but the 14007 DST will, and it is pricey. Not looking to flash it, just extract the bin file.

It does not work, I have both.
    I tried both ways: AVT cable with Jet DST and Jet DST cable with Winflash, no avail.

Carb and Points!
    Ok but if I were to get the Jet 14007 cable, that is supposed to work with can bus. Can I save in bin format with test mode with DST? Or can someone convert from jst to bin?

It's been a while since I used test mode with JET, I don't know if the current version still has the mode available. If it does yes you can save as BIN.
    I can convert the JST to BIN, however some information is lost in the process since JST files have no VIN nor traceability data, so that data is blank in the converted BIN.
    What are you attempting to do?

Carb and Points!
    It will enter test mode with CTRL T, but the 14005 won't communicate on the CAN BUS. I just want the bin files from an E92 ECM, no need to flash at this point. Just want to dig through the bin. Sounds like if the DST combined with the 14007 JET for CAN BUS, saves in bin format I'll be all set.

Bad idea.
    Jet uses a license every time you read a PCM. A new interface comes with 4 licenses, they will be depleted quickly.
    You may want to look for a different solution.

Carb and Points!
    Believe me, I have been looking for a solution to this high and low. I am all ears to a hardware and software that will allow bin extraction from the newer CAN BUS ECM's.