Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having problems connecting via ALDL with 8625 PCM

Fuel Injected!
    handyman I got your package of goodes, my wife is coming back up here this month we will open them then thanks. I looked at your bin and data logs changed closed throttle timming table a little and shut the egr code off I forgot to set the idle up to700-750 I use cats tuner but I didn't have a definition file for your bin file.set the timming up about where rpms and map is running at idle. look at the closed throttle timming table and it will give you an idea about tunning. it should idle a little better. once you get things close you can use smooth in tp to smooth out the different tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Dave W,

Our safety check program does not include emissions and “attempts” to ensure all vehicles can safely operate. Inspectors look at tire condition, braking function, lights, tint, mechanical performance-engine and trans, etc. Last time I checked (via counting CEL flashes), the majority of codes relate to AC and trans operations; these I can address at a later time. I did resolve a previous knock sensor code by switching to a KS6; base on your information.

The 4.3 is slightly modified: .020 overbore, flat-top pistons, Marine cam (approx. .400 lift exh/int), 1.6 roller rockers, ‘96 Vortec heads, Edelbrock 2114 intake with carb-to-TBI 1 inch adapter, and shorty headers. This truck is a 4x4 with a 700r4 trans and will be used for parts pickup/delivery as well as some daily driving. Not a hot rod but a project for occasional cruz nights.

By and large, all of the EFI sensors are operating properly and have been replaced/are new--including O2 sensor.

My plan is to get the safety check and get the truck back on the road where I will be able to do a better job of data logging the engine performance. I realize driving around the parking lot driving is not adequate ��.

Thanks,
    Blaine

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Anthony,

Thanks for taking a look at the .bin and modding it. I will burn it to a PROM and give it a shot. I'm sure your changes will make a difference.

Glad the package arrived; I had been tracking it and surprised it wasn't there last weekend. Guess, the weather had an impact even if postal service says..."neither rain nor snow" will deter them from completing their daily rounds...

bkt

Fuel Injected!
    Guys,

What is causing the ALDL connection to cut out intermittently, thus, we loose whatever data and info? Sometimes, the connection returns on its own but at other times, a shutdown and restart of TPRT is required. This really is a big PIA! I've seen threads on TGO site but it seems to apply to $58 and $59 masks. What ECM/PCMs do these masks apply to because I have not been able to find copies.

Here is another question. How should the transition between open and closed throttle in the VE tables be handled? Should they be the same when the PCM transitions from one table to the other?

Fuel Injected!
    Guys,

Today, we did some fiddling with the latest bin after which I decided to take a chance and drive the truck on a short jaunt on the streets and parking lot of the complex. This was the first time the truck has been outside the hobby shop since the restoration project began over 6 years ago. Although illegal, the short road trip was an opportunity to test how the rebuilt 700r4 trans shifted up through the gears as well as to test the upgraded rear disc brakes. The results of both were good and also provided a lengthy data log which I've attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 57 Handyman; 01-22-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    starting to look good, you may want to raise closed throttle timming 22.5 on up to 55 map.you may have a weak usb cable or socket in your pc, that may be why it has data lose some times. I have worn out both cables and sockets. once I reinstalled tp and fixed the problem of intermiten data.

Quote Originally Posted by 54 chevy View Post
    Hi Dave

I'm John I have a 54 Chevrolet 3100 pickup. I've installed a 350/5.7 engine in it; I'm trying to find DataStream Definition for a 16188051 PCM. Do you know what that Definition might be? If so, would you please share it.

Thanks,
    John
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB

and

http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

dave w