Thread: Having problems connecting via ALDL with 8625 PCM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    handy is your calpac for a v6/4.3? I have one for a 427 pcm but it is a 4.3 std trans if you need it.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the offer, Anthony. If I remember correctly, my 8625 was from a '93 4.3L Sierra. Yes, it does have a memcal with .bin chip and netres.

Fuel Injected!
    DaveW, thanks for the information. Rather than cutting the wires and isolating Pins A, B, and E via M location, I fashioned separate jumper wires to connect the ALDL to the AutoProm. I'm now able to emulate.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to get my 4.3L S-10 setup in order to take it out of the shop. But before I can put it on the road, my truck has to pass Hawaii's auto safety check program. Consequently, I need to get it to a minimum acceptable operating point. Would anyone of you be able to give me some tips on what I could do to this tune.

The data log was made driving around the hobby shop parking lot several times. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 57 Handyman View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to get my 4.3L S-10 setup in order to take it out of the shop. But before I can put it on the road, my truck has to pass Hawaii's auto safety check program. Consequently, I need to get it to a minimum acceptable operating point. Would anyone of you be able to give me some tips on what I could do to this tune.

The data log was made driving around the hobby shop parking lot several times. Thanks in advance.
    I'm not familiar with Hawaii's Safety Check Program, is there an emission test with the safety checks?

Fixing any EFI error codes is a good plan.

If the 4.3 is still factory stock, a basic tune up should be all that is required to get the engine running good. Basic mechanical checks for service parts like belts, hoses, and fresh fluids are a good plan.

If the engine is factory stock and there is an emission test, a new Oxygen Sensor would be a good plan in addition to a basic tune up.

Verifying the EFI sensors are operating normally with TunerPro RT is a good plan also.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    handyman I got your package of goodes, my wife is coming back up here this month we will open them then thanks. I looked at your bin and data logs changed closed throttle timming table a little and shut the egr code off I forgot to set the idle up to700-750 I use cats tuner but I didn't have a definition file for your bin file.set the timming up about where rpms and map is running at idle. look at the closed throttle timming table and it will give you an idea about tunning. it should idle a little better. once you get things close you can use smooth in tp to smooth out the different tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Dave W,

Our safety check program does not include emissions and “attempts” to ensure all vehicles can safely operate. Inspectors look at tire condition, braking function, lights, tint, mechanical performance-engine and trans, etc. Last time I checked (via counting CEL flashes), the majority of codes relate to AC and trans operations; these I can address at a later time. I did resolve a previous knock sensor code by switching to a KS6; base on your information.

The 4.3 is slightly modified: .020 overbore, flat-top pistons, Marine cam (approx. .400 lift exh/int), 1.6 roller rockers, ‘96 Vortec heads, Edelbrock 2114 intake with carb-to-TBI 1 inch adapter, and shorty headers. This truck is a 4x4 with a 700r4 trans and will be used for parts pickup/delivery as well as some daily driving. Not a hot rod but a project for occasional cruz nights.

By and large, all of the EFI sensors are operating properly and have been replaced/are new--including O2 sensor.

My plan is to get the safety check and get the truck back on the road where I will be able to do a better job of data logging the engine performance. I realize driving around the parking lot driving is not adequate ��.

Thanks,
    Blaine

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Anthony,

Thanks for taking a look at the .bin and modding it. I will burn it to a PROM and give it a shot. I'm sure your changes will make a difference.

Glad the package arrived; I had been tracking it and surprised it wasn't there last weekend. Guess, the weather had an impact even if postal service says..."neither rain nor snow" will deter them from completing their daily rounds...

bkt

Quote Originally Posted by 54 chevy View Post
    Hi Dave

I'm John I have a 54 Chevrolet 3100 pickup. I've installed a 350/5.7 engine in it; I'm trying to find DataStream Definition for a 16188051 PCM. Do you know what that Definition might be? If so, would you please share it.

Thanks,
    John
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB

and

http://fbodytech.com/eex-tunerpro-definition/

dave w