Thread: 350 Tuning Help

Fuel Injected!

350 Tuning Help

Hi All,

I am about to build a TBI 5.7 with Vortec Heads/Intake (w/ adapter plate) and this camshaft. Has anyone else had a similar setup and tuned it? These are the heads and intake.

I am going to be running the Moates APU-1 and I'm thinking I will need to set the fuel pressure to 18PSI with a performance pump to supply adequate fuel.

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks!

I've tuned some "Vortec" 350 TBI engines. Usually stock 454 injectors and stock 454 fuel pressure will work fine. Stock 350 injectors with 18 psi is an option also.

I use the Ostrich 2.0 to tune with.

Sometimes there is a trade-off with TBI injectors, with either lean / rich at idle or lean / rich at upper RPM's. Sometimes the injector trade-off at idle is rich, but upper RPM's are great.

Seldom do the engines I tune get time on Chassis Dyno, but one of the Vortec 350 engines I tuned made 330 RWHP with stock 454 injectors and stock fuel pressure.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by bgott View Post
    Hi All,

I am about to build a TBI 5.7 with Vortec Heads/Intake (w/ adapter plate) and this camshaft. Has anyone else had a similar setup and tuned it? These are the heads and intake.

I am going to be running the Moates APU-1 and I'm thinking I will need to set the fuel pressure to 18PSI with a performance pump to supply adequate fuel.

Thanks!
    I have a cam with those spec by a different brand name I am still trying to tune. if you havent already contact a cam manufacture and tell them what you have and what you want it to do and they will recommend a cam. I didnt do this and think I may not be as happy as i thought with it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by bgott View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks!
    I have run 232/240 @ .050 on a 110 LSA in a 10.5:1 383 TPI with Vortec heads and SLP runners using the later 1993-1995 TBI PCM. The PCM can handle ALOT more cam than the so called experts claim.