Thread: 68Camaro saying Hello!

Carb and Points!

68Camaro saying Hello!

Hello

I tune cars - primarily LSx type stuff. I occasionally get requests to tune LT1 platforms and that is why I am here - to learn (hopefully) this platform.
    I have Tunercat software along with EEHack, Tunerpro, and Jet Dynamic Spectrum. What I need now is knowledge - so I will be lurking mostly and possibly asking a few questions.

BTW I have a few cars of my own - 1968 Camaro drag car 410 traditional sbc, 1978 Camaro street car 6.0 LS powered

Jim Parkison
    Tuned by JP

Fuel Injected!
    Hello arkansas
    I have watched this forum for 5 years before posting and it is really good.
    I started tuning back in 1981 DFI cad and olds some mopar but do not remember the model just that the dash was incorporated into the electromechanical fuel system.
    Had a carb and fuelie shop with a friend E&D carburetor in lake park Florida.
    Started a Vette shop in 1983 and recruited by GM in 1987 I think.

Back in the day all tuning was done with the scope and a signal generator you made circuits to produce the curves you see in the fuel and spark maps.
    The very early ECUs were mostly electronic rather than computer.
    A set of window comparators and a op amp with RC time constants to generate the desired curves.
    While at GM I did hundreds of Corvette memcals from scratch and used a Tech 1000 OTC standup terminal with a roller dyno to tune the cars.
    I had hundreds of the blue EST module memcal blanks in my tool box that I pitched around 2000 on a clean out.
    In 1989 we had a software upgrade and the introduction of the GM66ECU this enabled the use of real road recorders to tune.
    In 1990 all cars came with the last 50 key cycles recorded so much easier to tune.
    In 1990 I was assigned All Florida ZR1 LT5 vehicle by Corvette action center I spent 28 weeks of the year at the track tuning and the rest as DCS coordinator for the new vehicle.
    Even went to Lotus school and got my Mercury Marine cert.
    I retired in 1993 and went on to do other things.
    In 2012 I built a stout motor and bought Catstuner to set the LT-! tune. Great product but too reliant on Windows to function on new equipment properly.
    Today I use Tuner Studio and unix Vi NOX to edit rom files and upload them.
    Set serial is your friend when using linux on the tuner laptop.

These guys really helped me get my Impala/Caprice running and I recently retired the car so I have come back.
    Avatar is my motor 800 RPM 184ft Lbs Torque 18 inches x 18 inches x 9 inches thick external combustion engine.

98 WS-6 full tube chassis rally car Aluminum Block LS2 (soon to be LSX 376)(in Storage)
    95 Suburban 6 inch drop, Pioneer DVD in Dash 5.7 TBI, 220cc 2.02x1.60 64cc heads, Stainless longtube headers 2.5 crossover 3 inch exhaust, LT-4 roller cam.
    2002 Seville STS

Fuel Injected!
    Hello 68 camaro. Where are you located? I'm about 20 mi south of L R.