Fuel Injected!

so newbie it hurts. need some help with open loop

ok here's the short version:
    94 k2500
    355 vortec flat top pistons
    gm performance cam
    bbc tbi red top injectors/ 97 vortec fuel pump
    I am running $OD and have the wideband wired up
    Now when I start it up cold it runs super lean. But when it warms up it tends to get pretty close to normal. I'm attaching 2 datalog files one is a cold start the other is operating temp idle. I've been reading a ton but I cannot seem to get it richened up. I want to drive it to datalog but I don't want to burn a fresh motor up. Also if I give it gas it has a lean pop or backfire. Any help would be awesome

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice work getting a WBO2 data log posted!

The attached pics are AFR running averages from the cold.xdl and run.xdl using the attached $OD .adx file.

To course tune the fuel for rich / lean change the injector flow parameter. To make all RPM's / KPa's rich decrease the injector flow parameter. For example, lets say the current injector flow parameter is 61 lb/hr. DECREASING the injector the flow parameter from the current 61 lb/hr to 60 lb/hr will make the computer "think" the injectors are flowing less fuel and will compensate or "SPRAY MORE FUEL" out of the injectors.

What WBO2 are you using (AEM / Innovate)? It's very important the WBO2 0 volts to 5 volts output is correctly configured.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Dave, I am using an AEM 30-4110 with the 0-5v output wired direct into the ecm per the screenshot. I also downloaded the spreadsheet file you created and open office to open it. But I cannot open the file. The program asks me what file type to open it and I've tried most of them. The one time it did open it was all garbled up. Can you throw me a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978 View Post
    Dave, I am using an AEM 30-4110 with the 0-5v output wired direct into the ecm per the screenshot. I also downloaded the spreadsheet file you created and open office to open it. But I cannot open the file. The program asks me what file type to open it and I've tried most of them. The one time it did open it was all garbled up. Can you throw me a hint?
    The AEM 30-4110 is plug-n-play ready for TunerPro RT. The Innovate MTX-L needs internal programming to use with TunerPro RT.

I just tried Open Office Calc, couldn't get it work. I have an older version of Open Office. Maybe the latest Open Office Calc will work?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    OK now I have something weird going on. I tried changing the injector flow and it brought the fuel trim where it needed to be but raised the idle. Also since I burned that chip (separate than the one I was using) I cannot datalog with it. I pop the original chip in-works. Pretty strange. The error I get is it will say connecting but it never does. I tried opening the spreadsheet again-no dice.

Try using the "Compare" feature in TunerPro to see what the differences are between the two .bin files you have tried.

Maybe post the two .bin files, so myself and other members can use TunerPro to compare.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I think I messed up something with the burn process. Maybe I accidently changed a setting or something. The chip that I was using to datalog works fine. So I copied it to a buffer and then burned it to a fresh chip-no dice. Maybe I need to uninstall tunerpro and reinstall it? I dunno. I did do a compare but I honestly could not find anything that would stop it from datalogging. Here are a few bins

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978 View Post
    I think I messed up something with the burn process. Maybe I accidently changed a setting or something. The chip that I was using to datalog works fine. So I copied it to a buffer and then burned it to a fresh chip-no dice. Maybe I need to uninstall tunerpro and reinstall it? I dunno. I did do a compare but I honestly could not find anything that would stop it from datalogging. Here are a few bins
    Try burning a new chip with injector flow of 59 instead of 57.3. Injector flow changes are HUGE, I recommend small increments when making changes to injector flow parameters.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Well I have to use a track pad on a laptop to slide the values. I tried clicking on the numbers to type a value but you have to slide the bar. Did you see any reason the datalog would not function? Would changing the injector value effect idle speed? Would it raise the rpms?
    Last edited by Mark1978; 01-07-2018 at 05:40 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    ok after many different approaches I need some help. In the first bin "dataworks" data logging works, in the second bin "no data" datalogging does not work. the first chip I burned one time. the second bin I have burned multiple times on multiple chips with no change. I have uninstalled and re-installed tunerpro rt a few times. I am completely stumped. Any help is welcome.

I would try a factory stock chip, with Ignition Key "ON" Engine "Off" and see if TunerPro RT will connect. If TunerPro RT connects with a stock chip then something "unknown" is happening when you burn a chip. If TunerPro RT will not connect with a stock chip, then it would appear something with the laptop or the TunerPro RT setup is wrong.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not sure what you're using to burn a chip but I got caught out years ago when using a Motes APU1, you can't burn a chip while the APU1 is connected to the vehicle. Once you disconnect the ribbon cable from the vehicles PCM the ZIF socket on the APU1 works for chip burning.

Fuel Injected!
    I’m using a Moates burner2

Fuel Injected!
    ok I just removed the chip adapter and installed the memcal. BOOM- connected. So I must have something in my settings in tunerpro wonky. When I uninstalled and re-installed the program it picked up exactly where it was. how can I get a fresh start?

Fuel Injected!
    ok question- when I put a chip into the burner 2 and hit "erase chip" it says operation successful, but when I hit blank check it says chip is NOT blank. if I load a file and prog the chip, then hit verify chip w/buffer it says FAILURE verification failed (not matched) I just tried a new chip from a friend and one of my chips all the same results.