Thread: Hello from Ohio!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

Hello from Ohio!

Hello everyone, finally joined the forum after lurking on and off for a few years and a few different trucks. Figured it was finally time to join. I have a 93 k2500 suburban with a 350 tbi and 4l80e. I have vortec heads and a lt1 roller cam for it. Just need someone who can tune it besides a common tuner that everyone directs you too, but seems to hate lol. Thanks! Have a great day.
    1993 K2500 Suburban
    350TBI/4l80e

Carb and Points!
    Hello in Ohio, From Wa. state. I'm new to this site also. I have a similar setup as you 91 k1500 355 tbi vortec heads gm perf parts intake, bored throttle body, LT1 cam & hedman long tube headers. runs well on stock prom & ecm. I'm going to try a hypertech thermomaster prom. would rather burn my own chip with a tuner pro.so i'm hoping to learn what changes to stock mapping I can make from experienced folks on this site. Thank You!

Fuel Injected!
    New here also with a little jump on you guys..I have a 94 that I’m trying to sort out..383 that runs ok but I think its lacking power...Also looking for some help...Good folks here for sure!!!

Carb and Points!
    I'm suprised to hear you say it runs good with the vortec heads and lt1 cam with no tuning yet. Everyone else I've spoken to says they won't hardly run at all.
    1993 K2500 Suburban
    350TBI/4l80e

Carb and Points!
    Follow up on runs well. At the time of the rebuilding my motor. I got a throttle body spacer & adjustable fuel press. regulator. set f/p to 13 psi also set initial timing to 14* it ran decent. a couple months later I ordered a ported throttle body, from a place in Texas, on eBay. That really helped mid range & top end power. I also noticed improved fuel mileage when cruising on the freeway.

Fuel Injected!
    I may be wrong but I would say your improved fuel mileage is because your running leaner than you should..you check AFR
    At WOT?

Carb and Points!
    Do you ever tow with it? I'm really looking for more power while I tow my 8k pound trailer.
    1993 K2500 Suburban
    350TBI/4l80e

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badeagle View Post
    Do you ever tow with it? I'm really looking for more power while I tow my 8k pound trailer.
    I was thinking the increase in fuel economy was less throttle plate angle, lower tps value etc. I never hear it ping/detonate. I recently towed a 1976 ford van on a car trailer. So combined weight is 6000-7000 lbs. I' guessing. I manual shift, low gear & floor it especially on uphill on ramps shift at about 5K. Once you get the mass going it's not so bad LOL