Thread: O2 ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

O2 ?

I知 new here and to TBI tuning so bare with me. After reading threw the O2 placement that EagleMark posted I think I need to move my O2.. I have a 94 c2500 pickup with a 383 in it that I just completed putting in the motor.
    I have been dealing with ED for a chip and its on its way back to him for adjustments..I noticed that when you shut down and restart it goes in open loop and sits there till the O2 starts switching or if you hold the rpm up it goes in closed loop quicker..
    I replaced the Y-pipe with a after market and now notice that the O2 bung seems to be longer and not much of the sensor is in the flow path so I was thinking if shaving down the bung to get it in there farther but now thinking of placing it closer to the collector.. I have a set of stainless shorties that bolt up to the original Y-pipe as the stock manifolds kept on cracking (Chinese junk aftermarket) so these have been good so far..But its only has a bung in the left collector is that an issue? I could tig in another in the right side and swap side to side any thoughts? Also I知 going to need a harness extension to relocate it..
    After reading Eagle Marks post it should heat it up quicker and go in closed loop quicker right??
    Here痴 a pic of where the O2 is just before the cat..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by C2500; 12-30-2017 at 06:21 PM.