Thread: got a new one guys

got a new one guys

hey I have a new problem im working on and since you are the go to people on this obd1 gm stuff please feed me your thoughts,Its a 93 buick century 3.3 with a bcay 1228706 ecm.... no start no spark no pulse , no comun either with scanner(tried all three of mine for good measure lol) and nothing jumping a and b at dlc. also checked 5v at tps and I have 12v at maf,but did notice that ecm side of injector is hot with key on
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

No flashes of CEL with A and B crossed? No communications with Scan Tool? Sounds like a failed ECM or ECM fuse or power... pretty sure the MAF and Injectors would have power as the ECM is the ground for injectors...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    pretty sure the MAF and Injectors would have power as the ECM is the ground for injectors...
    exactly but the injectors have power on both sides .....but im with you i just wanted to ask to get your opinion and do you want this bin for any reason
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Just my opinion, I can always be proven wrong especailly when I don't have my hands on it to test.

Yeah if you have the bin. We now have more bins then anywhere on the net so may as well keep going!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

You will see 12V on both side of an injector without a ground pulse, being provided.

Voltage is a funny thing, it will go all the way to the end of a conductor through as many conductors as it has to. The coil in the injector is a conductor, so the 12 volts provided by the key on, will travel from the ignition switch to the injector, pass through the injector and all the way to the ECM, if you were to measure there. This is normal.

You can see the same thing with light bulbs. Connect one side to 12V+, measure on the other side and you will see the same 12V (occasionally a small drop due to the resistance of the filiment), and all the way to the end of the wire that you will attach to a ground. Then attach the ground wire to ground, you will see the 12V disappear, and the light bulb light up. Again, completly normal.

As far as the issue at hand, I agree, check over the fuse(s) and power going to the ECM, grounds are as equally important, so check them as well.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

just checked all the grounds and powers all good and I checked the injector power with all injectors unplugged but thanks to both of you for putting in your thoughts

93 buick century auto 3.3 fed
    Attached Files Attached Files