Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help adj some bins for nitrous

Super Moderator
    holy crap.

took a look at my disassembly of the E side of a BNDH (some type of 94-95 LT1 BIN), and there is almost 32KB of free space on it...

the things you could do with that much space. but yeah, adding in simple patches like PE spark would be easy with that much room to work with.

could almost even make a tutorial out of it. :)
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    holy crap.

took a look at my disassembly of the E side of a BNDH (some type of 94-95 LT1 BIN), and there is almost 32KB of free space on it...

the things you could do with that much space. but yeah, adding in simple patches like PE spark would be easy with that much room to work with.

could almost even make a tutorial out of it. :)
    You know I'd love to see some more tutorials so if you have time we will all learn!

Can you add basic english to some of the stuff you do? Just incase it's over someones head...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    patching, or at least simple patches, is all about "what do you want to happen, when do you want it to happen, what should cause it to not happen".

in this specific situation, i would think adding in a table for PE spark would also benefit from having all PE added spark being removed instantly if any KR is being applied for obvious engine safety reasons. when all KR is gone, PE spark can reapply, either slowly and add a certain amount of every loop or instantly throw everything back in.

also, Mark, the plain/basic english is the commenting, which should break down scenarios nicely so that even someone that doesn't understand assembly can follow the program flow. if it doesn't, the commenting is either incomplete or incorrect. for all of my personal files for my nAst1 project, i have commented every single line as i write out it's assembly equivalent, since revisions do tend to happen and they go a lot more smoothly when you know what you're changing.

I've read some of the nasty stuff in nAst1 and your understanding of code and function is incredible. I can't imagine the time you have into it? I have at least 60 hours into $42 which is simple compared to this stuff! Just combining everything that was out there and adding to it over the years as my knowledge increased. I've added tons to $EE and hardly scratched the surface.

But back to LT1 and $EE. It has 2 TPS tables for WOT and 2 AFR tables for WOT which would be PE. But nothing in paremeters for spark during WOT? Seems like it should be there already but not found is dissasembly and added to mask. It's not like they didn't have room for it... I can't recall another mask that does not have some kind of spark for PE?

-= =-

Super Moderator
    hmm..... A1(and it's derivatives/predecessors) doesn't actually have a "PE spark adder" per se, but it does have a table used to add spark advance based on current target AFR. in actuality, it grabs the stoich AFR from it's calibration location, subs off the current target AFR to make a "difference from stoich" AFR, and then does a table lookup using that value to determine how much spark to add. i don't remember off-hand if there are any other qualifications added into it to prevent it from happening during a cold start or anything like that though.

perhaps EE is similar? the code to come up with this was fairly difficult to understand and wouldn't necessarily be easily found in someone's first or possibly second pass through the code. however, if EE is like most other masks of the era, there will be a section of code that is dedicated solely to adding and subtracting the various spark corrections from the main spark lookup. that's the key to finding the spark addition/subtraction tables.

slightly older masks basically juggled the main spark advance around in various registers and the stack and constantly updated the value throughout the calculation, rather than waiting for the end to do the final calculation. slightly harder to find in that case, since you need to constantly keep track of where the spark advance value is held, but still doable.

i've probably put more time into understanding HOW the ECM and algorithm works than i ever have datalogged and corrected my calibrations.

Just a dumb question here for the OP. Do you have a WBo2, or are you assuming your getting enough fuel at WOT by using the NB?
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Fuel Injected!
    Updated: Pulled the walbro ground was in good shape. Checked voltage at the pump 12.09ish, hot wired the pump off my bottle heater its now getting 13.5 at the pump.(that was just quick check, need to wire it up right with a relay and switch) And do a data run NO SPRAY... I am taking into account all your info, its just alot.... I do have a LM1 O2 reader set up, with a bad cable, its on order.
    Last edited by mynumber1hater; 04-04-2012 at 11:49 PM.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/st...roducts_id=673

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C296

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-FLT1-FPKG-2.html

Not like this has never happened before.

Your adding N20 which is like more oxygen, so you need to add more fuel or it will be way to lean, you added a pump but the wiring is a weak link.

We'll work on the rest, one by one, don't get sidetracked by what Robart and I are talking about. He's way smarter then me and I have a hard time keeping up to him and take advantage of all he wants to teach. We were just discussing why there's no PE or WOT spark adder available or documented in this mask. If we can't find it or build it in time then we will just have to pull some timing from main timing table.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Its cool, you guys can talk all u want... I made a binder of all this stuff, Ima tuning nerd now. LOL I will have the pump hotwired tomorrow. And log a run WITH NO DOPE!!!!!!!!!!! sad day hahha

I did find this max knock retard vs RPM (in PE) and max knock retard vs map (not in PE) maybe this is what you where looking for?

No we were trying to find the advance before the knock retard. No knock = no retard...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    HMM i see. So im guessing you can see the list of tables. And what you are looking for s not there???

Found this also:

From Tunercats help file:
    PE %Change To Fuel/Air Ratio Vs. RPM
    This table is percent change to Fuel/Air Ratio used when in power enrichment (PE) mode Vs. RPM.

The values from this table and the PE % Change To Fuel/Air Ratio Vs. Coolant Temperature are summed to arrive at the Power Enrichment Fuel/Air Ratio.

The resulting air / fuel ratio can be calculated as follows:

PE AFR = 14.7 / (1 + %Change vs Cool/100 + %Change vs RPM/100)

For the selected RPM, suppose the percent change to Fuel/Air Ratio from the RPM table is = - 5.1 and the percent change to Fuel/Air Ratio from the COOLANT table at the selected coolant temperature is = 22.7, then the approximate Power Enrichment AFR would be:

14.7 / (1 -0.051+.227) = 12.5:1 AFR

Basically, for every 1% that you adjust the %change vs RPM table, the A/F ratio changes by 0.147. For example, if you are running 11:1(rich) and want to get to 12:1, subtract about 7% from the tables. Do the opposite if you are running lean.

From what I have found....you should tune your Air/Fuel ratio and then adjust your timing. What a lot of guys do is use a program like Datamaster to help adjust their timing. What they will do is record a run and then advance the timing(with Tuner Cat) a little(say 1 degree at a time). Then make another run and see if the PCM retards the timing at any point. If it does pull the timing back down 2 degrees at that RPM range. Repeat as necessary. This seems to work well for others.

That's all I have for now but if I find any more info I will be sure to post it
    Last edited by mynumber1hater; 04-05-2012 at 03:31 AM.

You got it! But without higer octane fuel or a cool day you'll find the LT1 timing is pretty well set, even with upgrades. Now you don't need anymore timing with juice, you need less...

But most of the guys around here use TunerPro as it's way cheaper, more options, totally customizable and has a data record feature in it as well. So it is TunerCat and Datamaster with no limitations at a fraction of cost...

But TunerCat and Datamaster are excellent products!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I got it, but dont understand it...... hahahaha So any changes i make in the %Change To Fuel/Air Ratio Vs. RPM the program will auto make changes in % Change To Fuel/Air Ratio Vs. Coolant Temperature ???

So i should add 20% to the %Change To Fuel/Air Ratio Vs. RPM ... So i just ADD .20 TO ALL THE VALUES?

Also a wibe band would help ALOT!!
    Last edited by mynumber1hater; 04-05-2012 at 05:15 AM.

I'd leave the coolant temp one alone, it is for warm up, you really shouldn't be doing WOT unless your warmed up anyway. It works fine.

What your after is the WOT AFR when engine is warmed up, you had the right table above.

I don't see any -8, only - I see is after redline. There is a .78! I increased all mine between 1200 RPM and 5600 RPM because I don't go higher. Now with juice and a stick you may want to do from 1200 up to max in case you miss a gear and over rev...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Im not sure if we are looking at the same table or type of table vs tunercats..... my table starts at 400rpm 4.7,4.7,-.8,-.8,.8,3.1,0.0,1.6,.8,2.3,8.6,9.8,6.6,2.7,2.7,2.7