Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vortec and cam tunes

Fuel Injected!
    I think your exhaust smelled rich due to not having enough timing. Not enough advance, combustion cycle isn't completed on power stroke sending raw fuel out the pipe. Something that I noticed that I never paid much attention to on the last vehicle I tuned, your MAP at idle hits the 30 kpa range so yeah it's using the 16d of advance which IMO should be in the 20s. Also either your engine pulls a lot of vacuum or your MAP sensor is lying. While not having to deal with it, what elevation are you at?

Quote Originally Posted by stew86MCSS396 View Post
    I think your exhaust smelled rich due to not having enough timing. Not enough advance, combustion cycle isn't completed on power stroke sending raw fuel out the pipe. Something that I noticed that I never paid much attention to on the last vehicle I tuned, your MAP at idle hits the 30 kpa range so yeah it's using the 16d of advance which IMO should be in the 20s. Also either your engine pulls a lot of vacuum or your MAP sensor is lying. While not having to deal with it, what elevation are you at?
    I think the vacuum is so high due to the 1k rpm, I saw BLMS of 90 before I tuned it, it was just smell it was burning our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kacy View Post
    I think the vacuum is so high due to the 1k rpm, I saw BLMS of 90 before I tuned it, it was just smell it was burning our eyes.
    had the truck idling at 600 rpm trying to make sure it was set correctly without the iac involved, reconnected IAC back to 1k rpm. Any suggestions where else to look.. I also upped the timing in the area mentioned earlier to 20 and it still idles high.

had the truck idling at 600 rpm trying to make sure it was set correctly without the iac involved, reconnected IAC back to 1k rpm. Any suggestions where else to look.. I also upped the timing in the area mentioned earlier to 20 and it still idles high.
    Just for giggles, disconnect the throttle linkage and using your hand see if you can close the blades more while it is idling.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jim_in_dorris View Post
    Just for giggles, disconnect the throttle linkage and using your hand see if you can close the blades more while it is idling.
    Figured it out, there is a IAC idle C/L ALDL was set to 1000 rpm. IF a chip is put in ecm backward can that mess it up? @Davew?

Fuel Injected!
    Crap I had a hunch that it might be the way you're hooking up to your ALDL port, but I assumed you knew what you were doing. So did you adjust that down from 1000 rpms or did you remove the 10k resistor from the equation?
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 01-28-2018 at 02:38 AM.

Crap I had a hunch that it might be the way you're hooking up to your ALDL port, but I assumed you knew what you were doing. So did you adjust that down from 1000 rpms or did you remove the 10k resistor from the equation?
    mechanically sure, tuning this efi...still learning. i adjusted it down to 800 with target idle at 700

borrowed a moates cable, still need the resistor?

Fuel Injected!
    Click on the link^^^I provided above...only $6E needs the 10k resistor.

IF a chip is put in ecm backward can that mess it up? @Davew?
    I think the ECM will go into limp mode with a chip installed backwards. Likely the chip will be damaged if installed backwards.

dave w

I thought posting my replay to a PM on this thread would be helpful for 7747 tuning.

There are comments in TunerPro, use the F10 key to see the comments.

See screen shots of some VE Table comments for $42.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I thought posting my replay to a PM on this thread would be helpful for 7747 tuning.

There are comments in TunerPro, use the F10 key to see the comments.

See screen shots of some VE Table comments for $42.

dave w
    well damn now I feel dumb, I was taking pics of the comments so i wouldn't have to keep moving the mouse while mousing over the parameters.

My tcc isnt locking up, I have copied the settings from the AMUR 87 G-R-V Van 5.7TBI 700r4v1.0 vin to my vortec bin and tcc doesnt work in 3rd or OD like it did before the swap. i have adjusted the cable trying to loosen it up so it would allow OD and nothing... Can someone check the bin I have included see if I missed something for TCC?
    Attached Files Attached Files

My tcc isnt locking up, I have copied the settings from the AMUR 87 G-R-V Van 5.7TBI 700r4v1.0 vin to my vortec bin and tcc doesnt work in 3rd or OD like it did before the swap. i have adjusted the cable trying to loosen it up so it would allow OD and nothing... Can someone check the bin I have included see if I missed something for TCC?

Anyone? Davew?