Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What efi system is best for a 4.5 pfi cadillac engine7

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B.B. View Post
    Re:mpfi information zip
    How do I use these.through tunerpro?is this code to copy to ?sorry.I'm still too green to know.I suck at this kind of stuff on a computer because I've never used any of it b4.
    Ok, first things first ... please post the .bin file you have modified for MPFI.

dave w

I don't have one of those.I won't be getting a wb o2 any time soon but the info is good for future reference. The 7427 (bjxk)I have is stock accept the jumpers soldered onto sense resistors.I'm unclear on what would need to be done to enable mpfi programming wise.and disabling transmission control.also still pretty unclear on tunerpro of what's what and in the parameter tree what things u could or would adjust and what u shouldn't touch.scalers.flags.tables.I don't know how to use or what an Excell spread sheet is.I am currently running 7747 asdm and have a few logs.I haven't figured out how to post one yet.sorry.I got alot to learn don't I. I've just been looking at the tunerpro and reading the tutorials from sixshooter. I hadn't planned to swap to 7427 till I understand how to use the features in tunerpro.I'll keep reading
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I had most of that figured.it was the flags scalers and tables I was confused with. I think I can play and explore a little more now.as I mentioned I have a few data logs .but I was not able to find the bin for my ecm (7747 asdm) so I just used a few that were close so I could get some data to see how it's running.I thought I could get data logs and use that info to make some changes for the 7427 that's gonna be swapped in.make changes to that bin and burn that to a chip once I get my hardware. I'd like to post the logs I have to see if you can give me some clues as to what to change.would it be a good idea to try to get the cadillac 2240 ecm bin and copy things like the timing and fuel to the bin I plan to use on the 7427.thanks.btw the laptop I'm using for this does not have Web Access so I just copy what I need to memory stick and load to laptop.
    Last edited by S.O.B.B.; 12-02-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.

data logs from 4.5L cadillac engine if this cant be viewed please advise how do i upload my data logs.
    1st.xdl
    Jeeper

Anyone know a source for a 2240 ecm (attl) bin file for cadillac. Not having any luck searching.
    Jeeper

Playing around on tunerpro with amtu-$42-5.0-auto (1)bin*.
    In the scalers the minimum rpm to consider running says 525rpm or something close to that.then in tables the desired idle speed at 3 of the Temps the rpm says 500.is this incorrect. Should the desired idle speed always be above the minimum rpm to consider running.
    Jeeper

Hello Dave w.I was finally able to get to see the files u sent for mpfi 7427.I have loaded a bin bjya I think.then loaded the od xdf.I was going threw it changing things I know to change.initial timing to 10° and a few of the things it said to set for pfi.my question is the main spark.I looked at the main spark for ns1 xdf.I dont know if that us even a 4.5L bin or if its n*.quite different. Do I cut and paste the spark table or copy the parameternal and delete the one that was there.I'm just trying to make the changes I think are needed and figure out how to post my data logs and xdf so u or someone could tell me if I'm doing the right things or if I'm not.I'm unsure if I have the correct info for 4.5 settings but I am more so wanting to know.is that the way one would for example swap a timing table and initial to run a different engine on an ecm mentioned for truck.thanks
    Jeeper

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B.B. View Post
    Hello Dave w.I was finally able to get to see the files u sent for mpfi 7427.I have loaded a bin bjya I think.then loaded the od xdf.I was going threw it changing things I know to change.initial timing to 10° and a few of the things it said to set for pfi.my question is the main spark.I looked at the main spark for ns1 xdf.I dont know if that us even a 4.5L bin or if its n*.quite different. Do I cut and paste the spark table or copy the parameternal and delete the one that was there.I'm just trying to make the changes I think are needed and figure out how to post my data logs and xdf so u or someone could tell me if I'm doing the right things or if I'm not.I'm unsure if I have the correct info for 4.5 settings but I am more so wanting to know.is that the way one would for example swap a timing table and initial to run a different engine on an ecm mentioned for truck.thanks
    It's going to be VERY CHALLENGING setting up the $OD MPFI .bin for the 4.5 MPFI conversion. You will need to interpolate the 4.5 parameters into the $OD MPFI modified .bin file. Take is slow, understand EXACTLY what your changing. You will need to CLOSELY RECONCILE the Injector Parameter, Timing Parameters, and Fuel Parameters. The only easy parameters to swap into the $OD 4.5 liter MPFI .bin file will be displacement and injector flow.

dave w

Thanks Dave w.The 4.5 engine is stock accept headers.so I'm hoping to be able to cut and paste the tables I need from one bin to the other or the entire parameter and delete the original and make only miner adjustments.I know I will need to disable a few things.egr.trans control.smog pump.when disabling egr I understand just one thing like commanded on temp set where the temp would never be will make it never come on.is the trans control the same or do I need to unflag all trans related flags and set all trans related tables to a suited value so trans control is disabled. I'm currently running manual transmission but intend to swap back to 700 r4. Won't ever have e trans.thanks I did correct cylinder volume to the 4.5 and injector flow I put at 21lbs/hr in pfi.initial timing to 10°.I saved the bin like that till I get time to figure out the timing table and a few others I'm unsure of.I'll have to make a list to pick your brain.thanks again for the help
    Jeeper

Using a 7427 bjyb bin in flags if I flag manual transmission does that alone disabled the transmission controls or do other items need to be changed as well.
    Jeeper

To view parameter comments and tips, use the F10 key after opening a parameter. For example open Manual Transmission and press the F10 key.

See example below.

After setting manual transmission and related parameters from the "Comments", I would also disable the automatic transmission codes.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Dave w.The Gq programmer just arrived. I'm a little displeased. The box content was a programmer a cd and a chip with the legs folded over. No cables.Grr. I have looked at the description and it says cables are included. So it's useless to me till I get cables. That bites.a question I have is since I can't seem to find the proper bin for either ecm I have would I just read the chip on the programmer and save it to get the bin.I ask because I plan to do the socket mod to the 7747 I'm running so I can correct a couple things.it's too cold for long hours outside so the 427 swap is waiting.I reread a few things over and over and I think I have a better understanding of the order of the steps now and what to not pla with . Guess I'll see when I get cables.b4 i finished writing this mcu mall emailed to say cables were being sent today. So that's good.thanks.
    Jeeper

Hello Dave w.I am still waiting on cables.so I made a g2 chip adapter for the 7747 for now.for my 427 swap I can't find a bin for the engine I have.I can get a whole 2240 ecm for around 50 bucks.the plan for that was just to read and save the bin so I can copy a bunch of things to the 427pfi bin u sent me.I have an xdf but no bin.does that sound like something that will work.I'm unsure of another route to take.or if there is a better way to do it. Thanks
    Last edited by S.O.B.B.; 12-16-2017 at 01:55 AM.
    Jeeper

Jeeper