Thread: What efi system is best for a 4.5 pfi cadillac engine7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't have a good answer, maybe look at the Spark Parameters for a Large Cap HEI from a 1990 Corvette TPI : http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-8D

You could also compare the Spark Parameters for a Small Cap HEI from a 1990 Camaro TPI using the compare feature in TunerPro. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-8D

dave w

Well neither of those worked that great.ive since got it running better. I got the other chips I ordered and they do work.I was worried they'd be fake.so I ordered 10 more and a few zif sockets to make this a little faster and easier when it's freezing out.its hard to not damage the chip legs when ur fingers are numb.but at least I'm learning more about reading the data logs and making adjustment based off what the log says.mostly in the timing.reduce when I see knock and add where the studded occurs.it's been getting better but I can't seem to get my blm and int in the correct range.not far off when on the throttle but goes lean while cruising. Beginning to think I have a vacuum leak.my 5th gear is pretty much toast now so I'm hopi g the trans will last till warm weather otherwise I'll be swapping back to 700 r4 in the freezing cold. So that sucks but the tuning just keeps getting g better.pretty awesome what can be done on a low budget.
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.