Thank you Dave w.the tbi I'm using is from the 305 engine.I put 4.3 I Hector in it as the 305 was so rich u could see and smell it out the exhaust. The harness and est and knock sensor is the only 2.8 part left on the truck.all else is from 305.I originally tried a distributor that I made from a cadillac bottom and small cap chevy top but the rotor phase was not right.after multiple tries I got it so it was firing at the right time with a hole drilled in a cap to see.but still unsatisfied I swapped to the oe cadillac large cap hei.but from what I understand the ecm wants zero and the cadillac calls for 10.I have it set now at 14 and it runs well enough to get me to work but not that great.I swapped a heated o2 in as well.couple questions. I have not been able to find the bin for my 7747 asdm or for the 7427 bjxk.is that because of us and canadian difference or are these odd balls.I just used a different bin to log.on the 7427 will it run the engine fine with no Tran plugged in or is changing settinga and burning to a chip required the ecm to not be in a limp or open loop mode.thanks for the helpful info.sorry about any spelling errors.all I have been using is my phone to post.