Is there a way to flash an OBD2 gen 3 ECU without having to rely on software suites like HPtuners or EFIlive? something that is more cost effective or even a DIY cable and software. i have HPtuners and im confined to what they allow me to tune and thats it which i dont like. i like the interface because they take all the math out of it and make it easy but i know theres more potential in these ECU's that what these tuning suites give you. also i want to look into developing add on's for the ECU like a real launch control and such because spark cut rules and fuel cut stinks lol. i opened my ECU and it had an AM29F400BB flash which is very common in the german car world that i normally work in. since it has that flash i already have all the tools to unsolder, read with an eeprom reader and resolder the chip but that takes a toll on the board and the chip having to do that every time i want to load a test tune. HPtuners encrypts everything so thats a no go to flash freely, not sure about EFIlive but im sure they do the same thing. i just want to work with the raw BIN files and tuner pro, keep it simple. i hope there is a more open source solution out there.