Thread: Acceleration Enrichment, disable for datalogging?

Fuel Injected!

Acceleration Enrichment, disable for datalogging?

Is it a good idea to disable AE for datalogging for tuning the VE tables?

I am thinking yes, because when I hit the throttle my BLM is at 128 for that instant while AE is enabled, and I think this is only due to the AE, since right now it is lean (BLM over 128) at all other times. I know that I could run through the RPM ranges without triggering AE by just letting it slowly climb, but this is difficult because it goes past some of the RPM ranges rather quickly, especially at WOT.

I guess the real question is, is there any reason not to temporarily disable AE just for datalogging to tune VE table purposes?

I have searched the forum and the internet and did not find an answer.
    1994 Chevy G30 Van "Big Blue"
    5.7 TBI, Vortec Heads, Summit Intake, Thorley Short Headers with dual 2.5" exhaust, 4L80E transmission

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderingturtle View Post
    Is it a good idea to disable AE for datalogging for tuning the VE tables?

I am thinking yes, because when I hit the throttle my BLM is at 128 for that instant while AE is enabled, and I think this is only due to the AE, since right now it is lean (BLM over 128) at all other times. I know that I could run through the RPM ranges without triggering AE by just letting it slowly climb, but this is difficult because it goes past some of the RPM ranges rather quickly, especially at WOT.

I guess the real question is, is there any reason not to temporarily disable AE just for datalogging to tune VE table purposes?

I have searched the forum and the internet and did not find an answer.
    If you were to disable AE the vehicle would not be driveable. It would spit and backfire. AE should not last very long anyway.

If you are not using a wideband you will not be able to tune PE air/fuel ratio anyway. Once you hit about 70% throttle the ECM will go into open loop and the BLM will not update, rather hold at the value it was at prior to the ECM entering PE if it is higher than 128 or return to 128 if it is less.