Thread: Ignition Up[grade to OBD1 GM

Fuel Injected!

Ignition Up[grade to OBD1 GM

The Australian inventor says this will run with the GM 165 ecu, I have a EBL/7747 what do you guys think, compatible? I already have 24X crank trigger and cam would be re purposed vortec dizzy. Aim is to drive 8 LS coils on a gen1 sbc.

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewto...gnition+m9dule

Fuel Injected!
    Well, you'll technically have all of the required connections to make it work. And it seemed like it worked for a verity of engines over there. Did you see a price? Do you think it'll add much over a stock setup with a MSD coil and box?

Fuel Injected!
    I would like to find out the price as well

Fuel Injected!
    Seems like pulling teeth to get schematic, spec, price or other available products- but I think he is a one man show struggling to keep pace. I was going in the direction of an 0411 conversion to my 1989 K1500 with 385cid TPI, already have crank reluctor from EFIconnection installed and LS coils ready. I think there is a torque gain due to lack of misfire and reliability might be a toss up due to added complexity vs mechanical pieces. I haven't tuned the truck well enough yet to add the Crane msd unit as I don't want a band aid. Looking at HP tuner/EFIlive pricing has me looking at options, MS3 is getting up there too. This is the vender- if somebody gets it before before me, let me know how it works out.

Ryan BG <delcohack@gmail.com>
    Last edited by dfarr67; 11-21-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarr67 View Post
    Seems like pulling teeth to get schematic, spec, price or other available products- but I think he is a one man show struggling to keep pace. I was going in the direction of an 0411 conversion to my 1989 K1500 with 385cid TPI, already have crank reluctor from EFIconnection installed and LS coils ready. I think there is a torque gain due to lack of misfire and reliability might be a toss up due to added complexity vs mechanical pieces. I haven't tuned the truck well enough yet to add the Crane msd unit as I don't want a band aid. Looking at HP tuner/EFIlive pricing has me looking at options, MS3 is getting up there too. This is the vender- if somebody gets it before before me, let me know how it works out.

Ryan BG <delcohack@gmail.com>
    Honestly 0411 or the newer Green/Blue PCM from a drive by cable vehicle would be the way to do it, IMO. My L31 in my Express van has been Black box, 0411 and now runs a 1 meg Green/Blue connector PCM. The Green/Blue runs the best and also allows me to run on E85 or any mix between straight Gasoline and E85. I can tell you first hand, reliability will be up because a single failed ignition coil will not cause you to become stranded on the side of the road.

Fuel Injected!
    As long as the ecu uses the standard 4 wire setup of ref high and low est and bypass it should work. It's quality gear vl400 designed and built all of our real-time tuning gear plus many other gadgets like stand alone aldl data loggers and his other v6 dis to ls1 coils converter.he gets swamped with messages full of dumb questions on top of enquiries keeps him tied up a bit

Fuel Injected!
    This unit is a consideration- at least a price would go a long way in which way to jump- does VL400 have a webpage showing products?

I have two 0411 ecu's and harnesses for v6's in hand. Fast355 I have followed some of your projects and I think you stand head and shoulders above most in your skill set in getting things running well. I like the oem units for availability, future availability and reliability.

I have a good running 700r4- if I went 0411 would you use a manual switch for lock up or really work on getting a 4L60/75E in the truck- I don't know why this simple lock up function bugs me so much. Also I have heard that using the 0411 in V8 mode it can run a 4cyl- beu very little info out there. PS no E85 here.