Thread: 1225500 adx file?

Carb and Points!

1225500 adx file?

Trying to get a bluetooth setup for my 82 elcam 229 engine. Purchased the Red DEvil adapter, looking at aldldroid for the software. ALDLdroid is needing an adx file. I dont want to tune the engine, just read the data for repairs. Tried a search over in the bin data thread. No luck.

Can one be made from an existing 1225500 computer?

thanks, Gary

Gary
    You need an adx file that suits these data streams A001 A062 as per the diagram.
    Have a search see how you go. I have a better look later to day.adx 1225500.jpg

MOC
    Ford 28 Roadster Pick Up
    Ford Flathead 51 8BA. Balanced, ported,3/4 cam, Edelbrock 59A heads, C4 trans, 8" diff 3.55 narrowed 40mm /side.
    Fuel injection by Flatattack racing, 60mm Holden TB.
    ECM Delco 1227808 160 baud.

Carb and Points!
    Those cars do not fit mine. I have an 1982 3.8. >1225500 AOK< is the computer designation. But thanks..
    Last edited by Kimchoc; 11-15-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Carb and Points!
    Anyone plan on answering? Seems like a simple question for this forum. Any help at all here? If not, can you recommend some other forum where I can get an answer????????????????

Gary
    Found a bit more. One thing though these are not plentiful.
    Check this info out don't worry about the exact year but more so the engine code. It would help if you could find out ECM code mask (eg...$42 etc)
    If you find the data stream that suits for this engine you can then edit up the ADX file. It appears that it will be 20 word 160Baud.
    Check out the tables here and see if that lands on what you have, particularly the option code. What fuel system is this ( carb,TBI ?). Its not a diesel is it?
    being this vintage you might look for an ADS file then convert this to ADX in tuner pro.

Just a heads up the red devil reads the data on pin E yours may be different, pin D.

82 malibu info.jpg
    82 malibu ds.jpg
    Last edited by MQQN28; 11-19-2017 at 11:50 PM.
    Ford 28 Roadster Pick Up
    Ford Flathead 51 8BA. Balanced, ported,3/4 cam, Edelbrock 59A heads, C4 trans, 8" diff 3.55 narrowed 40mm /side.

Carb and Points!
    Yeah. Well, its a K car. Chevy engine, gas, mixture control solenoid and TPS in the two barrel carb, timing/idle controlled by computer. The CCC system started in 1982 as I understand, lasted only a year I think before they moved on to EFI.
    On page 2 of your picture here, is the correct engine size, etc. But I have no way of knowing what the engine code is.

I appreciate your time and I'm sorry I wasted it. This car is not 1 of 20 ever built. No need to restore it. Time to cut our loss of time. I can put a normal HEI dist and carb on this car in an hour and be done with it. I have more time than that just trying to learn about an adx file and what it is.
    I'll be out $80.00 due to the seller telling me that the bluetooth adapter would work on my car. He failed to tell me I would need a hard to obtain file in order to use it. No wonder he stopped responded to my inquiries about the adx file, AFTER purchase. But thanks to the seller of the ALDLdroid app for pointing it out BEFORE I purchased HIS product.

O well, you win some in life and you loose some. Thanks, Gary

Thanks Gary
    To get the engine mask you would need more items to download your bin file adding to the cost. There is very little information on the data stream to make a successful ADX file and would have drawn out.
    My aussie set up is a little light on compared to US systems but there was enough info to get into it.
    I did gain a little more research experience.
    Thanks
    MOC
    Ford 28 Roadster Pick Up