Thread: 1995 Chevy Tahoe

Carb and Points!

Unhappy 1995 Chevy Tahoe

I recently put a new crate engine in my 1995 Chevy Tahoe, OBD1. Instead of going stock I put an ATK High Performance GM 350 Vortec Stage 1 crate engine and kept everything else stock. I have rebuilt the TBI, replaced all the sensors, added a EPROM + MEMCAL adapter to account for the additional horse power, but have an issue with the TBI receiving too much fuel.

Any suggestions appreciated. If you thing the ECM needs to be replaced, any ideas where to get a good one at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Pat

Fuel Injected!
    Everything else is the same? how do you know it's getting too much fuel? Did you install the fuel pressure regulator correctly? Then check if the PCM and eprom are installed and seated correctly.

Carb and Points!
    Yes all of that has been checked and rechecked. Not even receiving any error messages or check engine light. Just too much fuel on start up that eventually floods it out.

Fuel Injected!
    Have you looked at the injector spray pattern? Is it a cone shape?

Carb and Points!
    It is cone shaped. When you turn on the key it starts spaying fuel even without touching the peddle.

Fuel Injected!
    Have you tried unplugging one injector and see if fuel still comes out? And you have another PCM to test? Does your fuel pump come on and prime for 2 secs and show the check engine light when you first turn the key?

Carb and Points!
    Yes the fuel pump primes and the check engine light comes on and goes off. We will try pulling 1 injector tonight and let you know what happens. If you can think of anything else to try, please let me know.

Fuel Injected!
    If you unplug the injector and fuel still comes out, you would need to check the o-rings on the injectors or the fuel pressure regulator. If no fuel comes out see if you can check or replace the coolant temp sensor. If it's bad, the PCM would think it's cold and add a lot more fuel. Also check your grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jsneezer View Post
    " added a EPROM + MEMCAL adapter to account for the additional horse power, but have an issue with the TBI receiving too much fuel."
    I'm curious about the programming in the EPROM? Did you program the EPROM yourself? Have you tried using the original / stock EPROM without the MEMCAL adapter?

dave w