Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best BIN for runing 258/4.2 AMC/Jeep engine 5 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by doc65 View Post
    that link works, but I was thinking that it was a couple spreadsheets(Excel) files that you were useing to adjust fuel tables as i remember it taht I was trying to get to & CK5 wouldn't let me. Thanks again
    Try these speadsheets.

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Yup, CCC is the auto equivalent of 666, on the future 4.6 Jeep engine I have a post 99 intake for it which in stock trim flows much better & more evenly... and a fuel rail with individual injectors(24lb ford racing units), I can bore the throttle body straight thru without resizeing the butterfly to like 62mm, as i remember it though it's been a while since I measured it(simple enough to pull the throttle plate, center it in the lathe & bore it to a straight thru), I'd LOVE to find a way to feed it SPFI with DIS though to do that will require a cam position sensor as well so I'm back to the distributor(or the late jeep unit that goes in it's place) but I need something there to run the oil pump anyway ;)

Fuel Injected!
    Dave,

Those all come down fine, and I can unzip them to see enclosed content, can't actually open the xls files on this computer as no Excel compatible spreadsheet on it right now, but I'll fix that a little later. I'm off to the Pick & Pull to see about a throttle cable that I can adapt to work with the decreasing radius throttle pulley on this TBI I have here(well one of them at least). I can always rig up an arm similar to the one on the MC2150 carb, but the decreasing radius would be cool to make work as well & I think I can adapt a n S10 cable without too much stress.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    We have all those and many more http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Mark, the throttle follower is simply an adjustment to IAC position. The throttle plates still snap closed, but IAC hangs open for a while afterward. You couldn't shift quickly with the truck trannies as the rpm was too high during this period and the synchros wouldn'tallow it.
    I understand that, that is why the IAC hangs open to avoid since it can't hang the throttle plates it adds more air.

I'd LOVE to find a way to feed it SPFI with DIS though to do that will require a cam position sensor as well so I'm back to the distributor(or the late jeep unit that goes in it's place) but I need something there to run the oil pump anyway ;)
    I have a 4.0L jeep engine distributor here that is just a cam sensor on top, no distributor to drive oil pump. Will sell it for the $40 I paid for it. It is available on some year 4.OL engines with DIS. Also had one of those tuned port aluminum MPFI intakes I was going to use with a 4.0L HO head but that projest never got done and sold.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    The piece that you have should look like a distributor that's been cut off between the shaft & the base of the distributor and has a single connector off the side of the top, right, it should still have the drive gear & the shaft down from there to drive the oil pump? I might just be interested in that as it's newer that I seem to see in the local Pick N Pulls that I can get cheap parts from I thought I saw somewhere that you were selling off a Jeep head & intake etc. I meant to get in contact but got busy or something...

That's the distibutor I have, no cap and rotor cut off and gone, just a cam sensor on top. Factory Jeep part. All the other stuff is gone.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    If I knew for sure I could find an ECU to drive that configuration, DIS/SPFI, I'd be all over it, might still, how much to get it to 84015?

I'd ship it via USPS for that. If interested I will PM you my PayPal...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, send it to me, I suppose that if I can't find a GM ECU/.bin that I can tune to run that configuration I can always build up one of the MegaSquirt derivatives that will...

Super Moderator
    DIS/MPFI is also an option, and you wouldn't be stuck with using only SFI capable ECMs.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Yeah, send it to me, I suppose that if I can't find a GM ECU/.bin that I can tune to run that configuration I can always build up one of the MegaSquirt derivatives that will...
    You can find a bin that will run it without any adjustments. But if you tune one it will be much better! That is what/why people have been saying a 454 bin because it's easier to tune, but without tuning equiptment you would have to use a 4.3L manual bin.

-= =-

Yea I have one of those little chopped off distributors/cam sensors I got from the pull a part. I got it from a late model someone had already grabbed the head and most all other bolt on parts off of. It was stripped pretty clean, but still had that. I was surprised. Figured I would hold onto it for a rainy day..lol
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Fuel Injected!
    Mark,

The bin I there are two project that have gotten run together here, the bin I was referring to "...if I can find..." is to do DIS/SPFI preferably, on a Jeep 4.6 stroker motor with mostly Jeep hard parts, most of the rest of the messages had to do with a much more standard GM TBI setup bolted onto an AMC 258 thru an adapter plate in place of a Carter BBD computer controlled carb. That Jeep stroker project is a little further out, like a couple months maybe.

Jeep And Guns,

Did you get a chance to grab that ASTRO .bin you mentioned yesterday?
    Last edited by doc65; 03-22-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Jeep And Guns,

Did you get a chance to grab that ASTRO .bin you mentioned yesterday?
    Crap, sorry I forgot all about it. Let me do some digging and find it, and I will post it up. Might be tomorrow if thats ok?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

What was the BCC I will see if I have it, I still have some collected and not uploaded to website.

-= =-