I searched for this before posting hopefully it's not a repost.

Just purchased the DST package for tuning a 96 Corvette LT1 turbo car. I'm using Windows 7. Followed the setup instructions installing as an administrator in Windows Service Pack 2 compatibility mode. Everything installed properly. After the drivers had installed I connected the device in it properly set up the drivers. Selected com1. The device I have is usb only. It does not require a hardware serial converter. Once setup it was able to clear dtc without trouble. So, after charging the battery in car for an hour to make sure it's stable I attempted a read. It went about a quarter of the way into the process and asked me to create a file name for the new calibration. They continue for a few more moments only to tell me there was a communication error. Now the vehicle won't start. So now I have no base calibration to even work with or reflash. Having a spare PCM for this car I decided to experiment by downloading the original calibration from this forum. I was able to properly open it up in the jet software. But experience the same communication failure when trying to Flash. Any advice would be great as I'm reading there is very little support from jet.