Thread: Need some advice on a OEM ecu for non stock (OEM) application.

Fuel Injected!

Need some advice on a OEM ecu for non stock (OEM) application.

I have a 1990 Toyota 4runner 22RE turbo with mt5. Have a small KKK turbo on it, LS injectors, LS coils, GM IAT, Toy TPS, Toy VSS, Toy CTS, WB O2 (or NB), crank sensor (custom 36X wheel with Ford sensor, could be changed to 24X or any other tooth count), Ford IAC, Toy dizzy with 4X wheel and 1X wheel with Toy hall sensors.

I have considered Emtron and Holley but the $2k price tag will go a long way towards hardware. I also have a 0411 GM pcm/harness in hand and I've read some threads that are sparce on details that the pcm can be configured for 4 cylinder operation.

Question- would this be a good choice or are there better choices out there- spend more on a flexible ecu and save on tuning or less on ecu and spend more on making it work.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

To my knowledge GM did not use the '0411 with a 4 cylinder, so it's unlikely a V6 or V8 operating system could be easily modified to run a 4 cylinder.

GM used the E37 ECM on 2007 - 2011 GM 4 cylinder engines (2.2 / 2.4 liter),with coil on plug ignition. With some advanced fabrication, the E37 camshaft and crankshaft sensor inputs could be configured to the 22Re, allowing an E37 to run a 22RE with coil on plug ignition. Both EFI Live and HP Tuners support the E37 ECM.

Attached is the '0411 CKP_CMP waveform relationship (V8 coil on plug ignition). I wonder what the E37 4 cylinder CKP_CMP waveform relationship is for coil on plug ignition?

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Hello David.
    Still waiting for a new WB controller for the Chev- ordered the wrong 4.9 sensor instead of a 4.2 and instead of taking the shipping hit, ordered a new controller to match the sensor- they are very reasonable these days out of 14point7.

Does the E37 require a 58X wheel?
    Just planning here- if there is a suitable unit, gives me time to source ecu and harness. Is the MS3 at all in the running here, I don't know what the cost is but I do know it is very flexible.

I have not researched the E37 ECM or 2.2 / 2.4 liter engines to know what the cam / crank signals are.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    What's running it currently.is the dizzy hall effect or reluctor sensor.

Carb and Points!
    I would like to suggest you, look at this https://www.icrfq.com/products/, it will enable you to locate the required thing you require.

Fuel Injected!
    Hmmm, I did not get a notice of reply.

Truck is not running. No high voltage to the distributor at this time- this is a stock Toyota hall sensor on the 4X reluctor and an added Toyota hall sensor on the 1X reluctor. Also looking at Microsquirt as well... but the 0411 is interesting. Crank has a 36-1 toothed wheel and Ford sensor- tooth count can be changed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Our hardware guy on our forum does a programmable ignition module that will run nearly any trigger wheel off the delco 4 wire ignition setup to allow most oem ecus to run multiple ls1 coils and different trigger wheels. He also wrote our custom code for up to 30psi of boost and 9800rpm on 1227165 ecus which can work with the programmable module or you can pick your favorite delco ecu youre familure with tuning https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewto...gnition+m9dule

Fuel Injected!
    That's one long thread I'm slogging thru. Question- if EGR and Hwy lean cruise modify SA, will this unit follow suit?

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah the unit works just as factory dis or gm 8 pin ignition modules do ecu commands spark module gives it still has factory 4 wire interface to ecu with bypass and est

Fuel Injected!
    I had a 0411 conversion earmarked for my Chev with a modified mpfi 7747, may be this will work as I wanted to LS coils. Have a 24X crank wheel and vortec dizzy to go on.

http://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

Fuel Injected!
    Two questions:

- Any reason NOT to Microsquirt, seems flexible enough to leave the 36-1 crank wheel alone, reliability is another question, I was told it will do sequential spark with two outputs converted, but will only to batch fueling- not a deal killer for me.
    - Is VL400 still active on PCMhacking? Sent a pm but he hasn't replied- very interested in his products.

Fuel Injected!
    He is when he gets hammered with acres of pm's you use the same username over there I'll tell him you messaged

Fuel Injected!
    Yes I guess he would be busy- I use the same user name.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm looking at this.

https://controls.is/shop/ecu/lpc4