Thread: Need help deciphering '7747 data logs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Need help deciphering '7747 data logs

Finally...success data logging...first time!! Now, what does it all mean? What are issues? and, more importantly, how to resolve them. All help and assistance appreciated!

The beginnings of this can be found in the thread http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-Red-Blue-PCMs

Here are three saved data logs.

I thought I uploaded the files but don't see them here. Hopefully, they'll appear.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Ok, as you can see in the response above, the files did upload and appeared in my initial posting.

Here are some particulars regarding how these files were obtained.

Equipment: Moates AutoProm
    Software: TunerPro RT
    Files loaded:
    AKDX 87 G-M-R-V Vav 4.3TBI 700r4.bin
    $42 - 1227747-V5.9.3.xdf
    $42 - 1227747-V5.2.adx

Confession: I am very new to using the AutoProm, laptop, and TunerPro RT software. Basically, all of the tuning technology and community terminology/lingo which you are at ease using are foreign to me; so, making assumptions that I understand obvious next steps will not be helpful. Please, I need detailed step-by-step instructions...sorry!

If what I uploaded is rubbish and I need to do something else, please let me know. Do I need to let the recording/log run longer? I tried to let the engine idle by removing my foot from the pedal but that wasn't possible, so there are a few revs in the log. Don't know if that is helpful or not.

Thank you in advance for looking at these logs.
    Last edited by 57 Handyman; 10-09-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Fuel Injected!

ATTN: Dave W, SixShooter, and/or Buddrow

After reading a few other threads on this site regarding to data logs, it made me realize that in addition to the data log files I should be uploading the specific files associated and used for obtaining the data log.

Here goes:

The data log #4 was obtained with only the .adx file loaded. The other files that TunerPro loads are also included.

I'm hoping that either Dave W, SixShooter, and/or Buddrow will chime in with assistance. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I'm going to watch this thread closely, as I am in the same boat. Thanks for starting this!
    -Phil, in Charleston, SC

'89 S10 Blazer: SOA SAS: Dana 44s, 5.7L V8, 700R4; 35s, 4.10:1; TBI with 1227747 ECM
    '94 Grand Cherokee: 4.0, 4" lift, 31s
    '90 Jeep Cherokee: In progress: 5.7L V8,700R4,NP231C, D44s. TBI with 1227747 ECM
    '87 Fiero GT: 3.8SC (initial research stage)

Fuel Injected!
    Welcome on board! The more brain cells we have in the mix, the better!

I have been doing a resto-mod of a '92 ext cab 4x4 S-10. I considered installing a small block but decided against it because of weight distribution concerns, specifically a heavy front end vs. a light rear end. Also, I didn't trust myself with having a heavy foot too many times. So, I opted to do a mild upgrade of the VIN Z 4.3L instead. In addition to .020 overbore with flat-top pistons, the 4.3 has a set of '96 Vortec heads, Edelbrock 2114 intake with a 1/2-inch carb-to-TBI adapter, Elgin Marine cam, 1.6:1 roller-rockers, and JBL shorty headers.

As an old school, carb guy, I was very close to trashing the whole project a few months ago. Learning and figuring out the intricacies of ECM tuning has been a major headache for several months. Originally, my plan was to swap my 160-baud, 4288 ECM for the 50x's faster 8625 PCM. Because of the internal processing speed, the 8625 would enable finer tuning of most parameters as well as enable the 8625 to control the dual electric fans and other mods in my S10. As you may know, this swap requires a connector change and itself would bring alongng more issues. Based on the advice of smarter guys than I who contribute their experience on this site, I have abandoned the ECM-to-PCM journey, maybe temporarily.

Look forward to seeing your contributions!

Fuel Injected!
    handyman is the stock fuel pump still,you need to take it a short drive and get a longer data log.i like the didgatal dash it putting out too much fuel at idle which has to be adjusted in the chip its running at a higher map at idle the ve and timming tables need set.how many miles have you got on it sense modified?i didn't see no codes but it needs to run longer.