Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That's it! I'm effing done with this ECU! Going to megasquirt!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    also how about a datalog and an adx? i want to troll it for sketchy sensor output.

if the forum wont accept a file simply zip the thing or rename it to .bin and tell us what the old extension was.
    I don't know how to start the recording with the datalogger yet. I will see if I can get the adx for you/

Fuel Injected!
    I think I got'em

they were both .php before I zipped them
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Here's the injector offsets that my tunerpro RT rejects every time. For Bosch type 3, 32lb

9V

9.5V

10V

10.5V

11V

11.5V

12V

12.5V

13V

13.5V

14V

14.5V

15V

I know these are not the direct values to put into tunerpro because tunerpro goes something like 14.0v, 14.2, 14.4 etc. I found a fancy calculator somewhere to convert the values for me. I think I have them written down here somewhere.
    Last edited by Turbo Nasty; 10-13-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    those are msec. a millisecond is 1000 microseconds (usec).
    multiply by 1000. it may round to ~30usec
    Yes they are. I bet this will make a big difference in the tune. And by the way I am using a wideband AEM EUGO I think you asked earlier.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    If I were to change computers, I would use the '0411 PCM. I've designed and built a plug-n-play crank position sensor kit to fit the L31 Vortec distributor, which makes upgrading to the '0411 very easy and affordable. See attached pics. Basically, the '0411 is flashed with a modified 2002 Express Van L31 5.7 liter tune. The crank position sensor kit, with new distributor, is on par with the cost of a MegaSquirt system.

dave w
    I appreciate the suggestion but would only consider it if that ECU is boost friendly

Fuel Injected!
    Making progress on the tune today. I used an interpolation calculator to find my injector offsets and the tune is much happier now. I still had to get the MAT compensation adjusted to get my AFR's inline but that was about it. the tune is very consistent and predictable now and I hope it stays this way. I think it just needs a street tune for the fuel map or it needs the power enrichment reduced. It's running 13.5-15 AFR cruising but 10 at WOT

Fuel Injected!
    Say you have a built engine like mine. You start with the factory tune and the only items that should need to be changed are Fuel/timing maps, injector offsets, cylinder volume, injector flow rate and initial spark advance. That should be it right?

Fuel Injected!
    Not as much progress as I wanted today. Some things I noticed that are going on. If I use closed loop it stays active or it's fuel trims stay active even after I turn it off again. What happens when I use the stock injector offsets with closed loop is that it can't properly control the AFR and it end up going really lean. So in order to turn off closed loop I have to set the closed loop enable as high as it goes and burn the chip then shut off the car and restart.
    When I use the correct injector offsets they are not compatible with my current fuel maps because those maps were tuned around the wrong injector offsets. So what happens when I use the right injector offsets with these wrong fuel maps is that it runs really lean everywhere except for WOT then it runs super rich. My fuel maps are already skewed in a bad way for some reason so I don't want to tune it out like that.

Fuel Injected!
    Why is it that my fueling is so high on the lower KPA's? I know I must have made an adjustment to some kind of variable that did this but I do not remember what it was. It actually runs good this way but I know this is wrong and it wasn't always like this. I am posting todays .bin with the skewed map. notice it is really high on the left side lower KPA's.

Now I will post the .bin from xact dyno the day I dynoed almost a year ago. It ran perfect that day but if I use this bin today it is way too lean. What did I change that skewed my fuel maps so badly? I know my maps should look like this one from xact dyno.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    You should be logging with a WB and a fuel pressure transducer.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarr67 View Post
    You should be logging with a WB and a fuel pressure transducer.
    How am I going to plug that in to tunerpro? Can I splice that into my ALDL somehow? I already know for sure the issue is in the tune and not a fuel supply issue. It's a fuel control issue.

I wonder what is happening with the BLM averages and O2 sensor data? See sample screen shots from TunerPro RT and Log File Analyzer. It would be very helpful to post a .xdl file for us.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images