Thread: Need some solid advice

Fuel Injected!

Need some solid advice

Hey guys I have a 94 k2500 4x4 it was a 350 tbi. The engine blew up and I am in the process of building a vortec engine. I’m dropping the stuff off at the machine shop Monday. This truck is just a daily driver truck. I’m debating putting the stock cam back in or buying an aftermarket cam. Nothing radical just better than stock. Ok now I don’t want to dump $1000 in the tbi system and then spend 3 months tuning it when I can throw a carb on it. Any and all advice considered. Thanks for you help

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not sure you understand the capabilities of the TBI. You can't go from the 94 engine to a Vortec headed engine and just run the 94 TBI system as is because it won't work without some hardware updates to support the required fuel and tuning to adjust for the differences between the heads.

Fuel Injected!
    I know I need to upgrade the fuel system and I see the chip burning software is free and the chip stuff is fairly cheap. How much work would be involved making a stock vortec engine run well?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978 View Post
    I know I need to upgrade the fuel system and I see the chip burning software is free and the chip stuff is fairly cheap. How much work would be involved making a stock vortec engine run well?
    IN SHORT...ALOT!!!

Fuel Injected!
    Would it be worth calling jet chips or super chips seeing if they can get some up and running or see if someone on the board has something? It’s just a daily driver. Nothing special. I had the vortec motor from a running suburban so I figured it would be a good engine for the truck. I would really like to have the tbi but I have Alot of stuff going on (I got 3 small kids I spend a lot of time with them) and I don’t want to spend the little bit of free time I do have trying to get the truck to drive smooth

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1978 View Post
    Would it be worth calling jet chips or super chips seeing if they can get some up and running or see if someone on the board has something? It’s just a daily driver. Nothing special. I had the vortec motor from a running suburban so I figured it would be a good engine for the truck. I would really like to have the tbi but I have Alot of stuff going on (I got 3 small kids I spend a lot of time with them) and I don’t want to spend the little bit of free time I do have trying to get the truck to drive smooth
    If anyone, hit up Dave @ Old School EFI on this board. I wouldn't let Superchips tune my lawnmower after the mess I had with their tune on my 4.7 Ram.