Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best BIN for runing 1.5 L 4 cylinder

Fuel Injected!
    With this regulator there is no return from the injector body. It returns to the tank from the regulator and uses a feed from the regulator to the injector body. It is a sort of deadhead but the pressure it controlled back at the regulator. http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInst.../650-4307M.pdf
    Two thing bother me.
    Vapor lock and there is a slight pressure oscillation.
    I think I can fix the oscillation with a vertical stand pipe connected to the injector feed line. Air trap.
    I used either GM o-ring fittings or double flares on all permanent fuel connections except pump pre-filter.
    You are correct on the noisy pump. Another reason to have the pump in the tank.

I think that regulater would be fine if it were very close to the injector?

Pressure oscillation would also be reduced with long feed and return lines, could also be charging system? Do you have a good steady voltage at idle? I also like to run ground for pump back to engine block, same ground plane as ECM. Specailly with older car conversions, they just did not have good ground straps from engine to body and body to frame etc...

Fuel pump noise can be calmed down with rubber isolated mounts like ones sold by MSD for there boxs, they are identical to the first ones I used I had laying around which were oil tank mounts from an early harley, mine was 1966 but to 198x were the same.... isolates noise from echoing on frame or body. Then get some black foam pipe insulation and V slice ends slide it over pump and cover pump to like 4-5 inches onto fuel line and cable tie V slice. Makes a big difference. In tank pump that Greg did the write up on is ideal for conversions because it has built in bucket and does not need baffles in tank.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator
    Two thing bother me.
    Vapor lock and there is a slight pressure oscillation.
    There's also the possibility of hard starts / long crank times in warm weather from partial vapor formation. I'm with Mark on regulator placement. But a "T" connected at the injector with a very small orifice leading to a return line will purge vapors and may reduce pressure oscillations.

Fuel Injected!
    I need to move the regulator closer to the injector. It is about six foot away. Getting good with tubing bender. The most fun torture I ever had.

Ordered the 1.6 LaMans injector from Motor Man.