Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swap: 5.7 TBI -> Vortec heads EFI -> 0411 pcm with roadrunner from moates.net-HELP!!!

Fuel Injected!
    Here it is a 2001 411pcm L31 4l60e file, has Vats delete Egr,Evap,Cats,Rear 02 sensors deleted and Fan 1,2 Active (Low 200,High 210) other than that its ALL stock, Should be a good base file for you to start with, hope it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NISANDA View Post
    Here it is a 2001 411pcm L31 4l60e file, has Vats delete Egr,Evap,Cats,Rear 02 sensors deleted and Fan 1,2 Active (Low 200,High 210) other than that its ALL stock, Should be a good base file for you to start with, hope it helps.
    Hello Nisanda, thank you very much for providing me with the tune file! I will study it and use it for my 411. I'm just starting to get around the tuning process, and for now studying all the info about it. Any way, thank you once again for the tune, that helps alot!!! Will start doing something, than hope to get support here, at the gearheaf-efi forum, to tune everything properly..

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksl View Post
    Hello Nisanda, thank you very much for providing me with the tune file! I will study it and use it for my 411. I'm just starting to get around the tuning process, and for now studying all the info about it. Any way, thank you once again for the tune, that helps alot!!! Will start doing something, than hope to get support here, at the gearheaf-efi forum, to tune everything properly..
    your welcome

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by NISANDA View Post
    your welcome

Did I misunderstand? You rebuilt the TBI engine and used vortec heads and efi? So the ecm cant see the crank position and is probably operating off limp home mode?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kacy View Post
    Did I misunderstand? You rebuilt the TBI engine and used vortec heads and efi? So the ecm cant see the crank position and is probably operating off limp home mode?
    Hello Kacy, well not exactly, i used the plastic vortec cap of a 1998 tahoe, with crank position sensor, same tahoe the heads came from.

Let me edit my post, in order to fulfill the answer: I rebuiled the L05 TBI engine, used L31 vortec heads with all the top end from vortec, meaning i installed CSFI, but changed the spider in CSFI for for the one with injectors on the ends "AC DELCO 217-3029 89060440", installed the "Comp Cam 08-467-8". Wiring from vortec and the PCM "Black Box" from Vortec engine as well 1997 or 1998 not sure, but i think 1998. Hope this makes it more clear, if not, i can make it as a list of parts i used for my build.

Regards.
    Last edited by Aksl; 10-17-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Fuel Injected!

0411 swap wiring sticker labels for print out.

Hello Jeff, and everyone,

I`m slowly getting ready for my 0411 swap, and the thing is, I’m going to change the pin contacts for new ones (solder new pins on each wire).

So for that purpose, I have made some sticker marks, that I can print out on the "address sticker label A4 paper" cut in lines, and stick around each wire. I thought it’s a good idea.

So wanted to share it, may be for someone else who will be making 0411 swap, it might be useful.

I used an avery online soft, and their address paper: www.avery.com

Here is avery format file, in case you want to change anything, you can do it online, they have a soft on their website. And a ready to print PDF file, in order to print correctly, in print settings, you have to unmark fit to paper size, and i as well printed in 98% scale.

I as well attach a few pictures of what came out as a result. I find it useful, you just cut it with stationery knife in lines, just not from start to end of "address sticker label A4 paper", but from first sticker to the end of last sticker, to keep the integrity of the A4 paper, it will be easier to un attach each wire sticker label.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!

2018!

Marry Cristmas and a Happy 2018 New Year everyone!IMG-20180101-WA0005.jpg

Fuel Injected!

0411 swap done!

Hello to all Fuel Injected Gearheads,

Thank you all for taking your time, to get acquainted with my project, explaining things to me, advising and helping me!!!

A special thanks to:

Lextech, thank you for providing the wiring file for the swap of black box to 0411 PCM, that made the swap very easy! (I saw all your vids at youtube, all your swaps and upgrades of your truck, very nice, i realy enjoyed watching, and reading your posts!)

Scott & Hog, thank you guys for sharing your knowledge, information about tunercat, PCM, how it all works, and where it will all lead me to, deppending on what i choose, it made my choice very easy, and helped me to understand alot, gave me alot of useful information!

NISANDA, thank you very much for sharing the "2001 Truck 5.7 L31 4l60e 4x2.cal" file, I have used it as a firmware for my swap, and after performing the swap, my truck started imidiately with it, with no problem, so it worked for me for all 100%, thank you!

Now let me update on my project:

Just a few days ago, i have made the swap of my blackBox PCM to 0411, with Excel file from Lextech, i understood that i shouldn't have been getting ready to make this swap for saw long, i sould have just whent for it straight away, becouse it was super easy, i have achieved the swap just in about three hours.

With my Dell D620, where i have installed the TunerCat RT and uploaded to the RoadRunner the "2001 Truck 5.7 L31 4l60e 4x2.cal" that NISANDA have shared. The Truck started immediately.

At first it couldn't idle, it would start, rise rpm, then lower the rpm and shut. The second time, start rise rpm, then lower it, and i tapped the pedal, not to let it shut, and it would rise the rpm again and stay ideling at high rpm, I would say that at about 1500-2000rpm. Now every time i start the truck, i have it ideling at high rpm from the start (it doesen`t lower it any more, and doesnt shut), it just starts, gets to high rpm and stays ideling at the high rpm speed, after it warms up, it doesn`t lower the rpm, but keeps on ideling at high rpm. This is the situation now, that i have to sort out, and as well, have to learn how and what in the firmware file to program with TunerCat RT via RoadRuner guts, it order to tune it all correctly.

As well, straight after the swap, i wanted to re isolate the wiring harness, and found out that some wires in the harness were chopped, the list of chopped wires on the picture attached from excel file print screen. Those are wires that are chopped from PCM pin out side, there are a few wires on another picture, that are chopped and coming out from harness, but I doubt they linked to PCM, becouse i checked the pinout chart while making the swap, and had all the wires present at the sockets.
    But the list in excel file, of wires coming from the pcm and being chopped, are the once i worry about, some of them can affect the PCM and engine functionality, like the Vehicle Speed Output to Brake control module, and the two wires of VSS for example.

My main brainstorming now, is about scaning, loging tool that i should get, the question is, should i get the Tech2, MDI, or HPtuner for these perpose? I would go with HPtuner and an ODBII cable, but will it have all the functionality as the Tech2 & MDI, will HPtuner be able to make a crank relearn? and falt reading/deleting, scanning and so on..?

As well, is their any howto to using TunerCat, well, not exactly using the TunerCat, i mean a howto to making changes to the firmware, I`m afraid to mess with the tables for now, but other changes thet i tryed to make in TunerCat RT to the firmware, like the IAC counts that i dropped from 310 -> 160, and noticed no result, at least it did nothing to the high rpm the engine idles at. And without actualy fully understanding what i`m playing with, i fill unconfident and uncomfertable making changes, due to worrying that i can brake something.

Anyway, thank you all for help once again, i will keep on stragling with my project, and if you guys have advice for me, i would realy appresiate it, since the information shared by you guys, and your advices, helped me alot before!

Thanks to all, take care!!!

The third pic with the bunch of wires in hand... It's just like the movies...

Cut the green wire!

Mitch
    '95 Z28 M6 -Just the odd mod.
    '80 350 A3 C3 Corvette - recent addition.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal_Crazy View Post
    The third pic with the bunch of wires in hand... It's just like the movies...

Cut the green wire!

Mitch
    Lol, which one, they are all green...

Fuel Injected!
    what DTCs you have?

Fuel Injected!
    Hello NISANDA,

Thank you for your reply! The DTC_CNT is 6.IMG_20180114_002911_608.jpg

I have a total six fault codes, with the engine stall, wanted to perform a live scan, but my battery died, have to charge it now. Almost all faults are solenoids, becouse i am stil with 700r4 transmission, i havent yet installed the 4l60e, have it laying around, have to install.
    Well, in fact all of the fault codes are transmission codes.
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-14-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    An update on my scaning, today i have performed a live scan, i have uploaded the vid to youtube, here is a link: https://youtu.be/eqPkJdlSkrU

Well, on this video, it was not the first start of the engine, first start the engine started, went on high rpm, then lowered andshyt with an unstable idle. The socond start, same, but i have accelerated, and did not let it shut off. After it had warmed up a little, the third or forth start, thats where this video and scaning has been performed, it started with around 1300rpm, but in about a minute, it raised by it self until 2300-2400rpm, that it is usualy working at with the firmware you have shared. I`m right now reading alot from HPtuners site, since there are a lot of info for people who is just starting to get around tuning the pcm. But still alot to read, alot of comfusing information, i gues becouse it is not yet familiar to me, when i will know all the terms, and meaning, and will not have to every time to address back to the meaning of the terms, and what this or other thing means and does, it will be much easier for me to try and make changes to the tune being more confident that i will not birn my pcm ar the engine.
    I have an aftermarket cam, so i have to make setting (changes) to the tune taking that in to account, and as well that i have other then OEM engines heads installed, so there are some mathematics to do, i was even thinking of may be paying some tuning pro in us, like this guy at: http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com, to make me a tune, taking my set up in consideration, and then compairing the original, your tune file, with his, to see what has been changed. As an idea.
    It brakes my heart, starting an engine that does not work correctly, after i have build it up all new, pispons, rods, cam, and so on...
    Last edited by Aksl; 01-15-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Fuel Injected!

Still high RPM (((

Yesterday connected the tech ii scanner, well first - therd engine start, the engine idles at 1400 rpm, but in about 30 sec shut, i have to apply the accelerator to keep it running, but it still shuts, the 4th start i manage to keep it running by applying the accelerator, then it starts to reach extreamly high idle of 2300-2400rpm, and keeps runing at that speed, doesnt lower the idle at all. I have connected the tech ii, go to loop, and apply the open loop, the engine dropes the idle to 1250-1400 rpm, as soon as i exit the settings, it goes back to closed loop, rises back the rpm, and SHRTFT bank 1 & bank 2 goes up till 48%. I checked the firmware with tunercat, and it`s set to open loop.
    As well it sees the transmission on 3rd gear, all thaw it is not connected, i run the 700R4. If i disconect my IAC, it drops the idle to low 650-750rpm. Anyway, instead of describing all data, let me implement the pictures and an pdf for easier and more clear view. If anyone has any advice, it would be grate, i`m braking my head where to go from here.