Well I got this truck from a friend who put a lot into it but couldn't quite get the EFI kinks worked out. Not a mechanic, but he paid enough to get a good one. :(

I got an ALDL cable , chip adaptor and chips with a burner from Moates.

Once I got tunerpro loaded up and downloaded my installed chip I discovered the MEM-CAL which includes the CAL-PAK and PROM (correct?) was not at it was not $8D AJUP but a $A1 BAUC which is for some v6 application.

I burned an eprom chip with a factory tune for $8D AUJP. I installed it in the adaptor with the factory CAL-PAK. Truck runs better. But its not there yet.

Looking some more I found an old thread on thirdgen.org - V6 Memcal mod to run in V8.

it seems to indicates that it isn't good enough to burn a new chip I need to also modify the MEMCAL/CAL-PAK like this.

PFIMemcalMod.jpg credit to TUNED PERFORMANCE for the pic.
Note the addition of the small blue wire or jumper.
Pin 1 is in the top right of the MEMCAL pictured, 66 is the lower left. Even pins are on the bottom counting down as you go left to right.
The jumper connects pin 62 (a ground?) to pin 56.

Specific questions are ...

Am I speaking the correct language here?

Is this the fuel mod I need?

Why? Because my MEM-CAL is from a 60 degree V6 and it now needs to adjust fuel timing because I have a 90 degree V8?

Will this clear my CODE 41 - Cylinder Select Error?

Is there even more I need to do? if so would it justify the cost of a factory AUJP MEMCAL $200-300?

I'm going to warm up the soldering iron. Let me know.