Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY LTCC or similar system for LT1s

Fuel Injected!
    I need to look at this stuff more in depth. the nano EFI looks cool and I like Steveos idea of making it an all in one type of controller. I also like how precise the opti could be if working correctly and I think it really opens up what you can measure with calculations

Combine this chip with an arduino, and you have an obdII ready .....lawnmower. Complete with check engine light (CEL) heh. You don't have to use all of the chip, but it should get you on your way.
    single chip ic wiring diagram.png
    They should get restocked soon.

Fuel Injected!
    Is there any chance you guys would consider doing a waste spark system ala delteq? They have been out of business for quite a long time. I had good success with their system when it worked. I can send the proprietary parts from them if you have any interest. I converted my Impala to the EFI connection COP set up solely because the delteq didn't hold up.

That should be no problem. Just tie the coil drivers together from any COP setup. 1-6, 8-5, 4-7, 3-2 for sbc firing order.
    Here's a little trick for waste spark system: take the firing order, cut it in half and stack the rows of numbers.
    Like this: ford= 15426378 =
    link 1-6 5-3 4-7 2-8 cylinders to the coils. works on every engine, even v10s.
    I would like to see pictures of the parts to the deltec, I wonder if it is like the Electromotive waste spark system.
    Might give us a few ideas.

Fuel Injected!
    Tom
    is there any ecm/pcn that will work with the deltec? something like the buick/olds v6 for a v8? it would be good fot lots of apps.

Fuel Injected!
    The 93-97 LT1 pcms. the 93 is all by itself and is not a flash pcm. The 94-95 OBD1's are the easiest. 96-97 for OBD2. The only problem I have had with them is a lot of flashing issues and bricked pcm's. I had no issues for years and then had 6 bad pcm's. I don't know if it is the age or that the flash chips were replaced with substandard parts. I would like to find someone that could fix them reliably.
    The delteq uses a Northstar module and coils. I would think you could use the coil pack and module from a 3.8 buick. The only fancy piece to the Delteq is a small convertor that replaces the stock coil and module. I would consider making my own convertor if I can get someone to back engineer them. I have too much going on to properly focus on that project. If any one would like to try it, I can send you one to decipher.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    The 93-97 LT1 pcms. the 93 is all by itself and is not a flash pcm. The 94-95 OBD1's are the easiest. 96-97 for OBD2. The only problem I have had with them is a lot of flashing issues and bricked pcm's. I had no issues for years and then had 6 bad pcm's. I don't know if it is the age or that the flash chips were replaced with substandard parts. I would like to find someone that could fix them reliably.
    The delteq uses a Northstar module and coils. I would think you could use the coil pack and module from a 3.8 buick. The only fancy piece to the Delteq is a small convertor that replaces the stock coil and module. I would consider making my own convertor if I can get someone to back engineer them. I have too much going on to properly focus on that project. If any one would like to try it, I can send you one to decipher.
    Once I get my car running more reliably I would love to see the delteq stuff. That is weird that you bricked the PCMs just because the delteq was hooked up. Vilefly is really on the right track with making a converter box for the opti signal. Tom there are people that fix bricked PCMs and if you are good with a soldering iron you can do it yourself as well. I know tunercat had a pretty cheap service to fix them.

Ras, the 94-95 LT1 PCMs run the $EE program and are by far the easiest to hack and tune with the available software. Check out SteveO's website fbodytech.com for more info on that PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    The delteq wasn't bricking the pcm's. I'm still not sure what was doing it. It didn't matter if they were installed in the car or on the bench. I checked and double checked my hardware and software. I had 3 of them repaired prior to the last bricking episodes. I would replace the chips myself if I knew where to buy the chips and how to do the initial flashing. I would really like to convert one to be an emulator for real time tuning.

Fuel Injected!
    The delteq wasn't bricking the pcm's. I'm still not sure what was doing it. It didn't matter if they were installed in the car or on the bench. I checked and double checked my hardware and software. I had 3 of them repaired prior to the last bricking episodes. I would replace the chips myself if I knew where to buy the chips and how to do the initial flashing. I would really like to convert one to be an emulator for real time tuning.
    http://www.goldsswagon.com/PCMFlash/...lashMemory.htm Have you seen this before?

getting back on topic, assuming we decode the opti signals successfully, what other true/false statements can be used to tell the demultiplexer which coil to fire? I don't think the stock PCM has any signal outputs for this since it uses a cap and rotor arrangement

Fuel Injected!
    Vilefly if you are close to a solution I am interested. I will post photos of the Delteq parts. The mounting brackets and convertor are the Delteq parts. The rest are standard GM coils and module. One thing I did like with the Delteq is that the engine would take 50 degrees of timing.

Fuel Injected!
    Vilefly if you are close to a solution I am interested. I will post photos of the Delteq parts. The mounting brackets and convertor are the Delteq parts. The rest are standard GM coils and module. One thing I did like with the Delteq is that the engine would take 50 degrees of timing.
    50 degrees?? that seems insane. we really need to see what is inside the converter. Do you at least have a wiring diagram or remember how the converter is hooked up into the system?

Fuel Injected!
    I have a copy of the diagram. Do you want me to send you a convertor?

Fuel Injected!
    I have a copy of the diagram. Do you want me to send you a convertor?
    if you want, the diagram would be great as well

Fuel Injected!
    Most of what you want can be done with software, and you wouldnt need delteq hardware(which is likely supported by accompanying firmware). The coil driver hardware is easy, the software, on multiple cylinders is easy although the arduino would be taxed during higher rpm operation, looking at microseconds to process dwell time before the next trigger pulse is received.

Bud
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Aroberson77
    You have a PM