Been working through a crash course in Blender 2.79 since last post. Hope to have a case design ready this weekend. Does anyone have a 3d printer they'd be willing to put in service? I've been wanting to buy a cheap Kossel type kit for several years but haven't had the funds. I could probably swing it now, but it would put me a few weeks behind with getting my cylinder head fixed.

What I think will work out is to make the case lid a piece of cut lexan that seals against a perimeter o-ring, a groove for which will be printed in the case. That is provided I can find an o-ring of the necessary size. To seal the wiring penetrations I was thinking of printing dimples in the case as drill locators, and the builder can drill as many holes as needed for their application. The holes will need to fit relatively tight to the wire insulation, and then can be sealed with a two part silicone. I'll try to illustrate graphically as soon as I can get the 3d model functional.

I believe the case may need to be epoxy coated for waterproofing and to smooth out printing granularity around the o-ring groove. I'd be grateful to hear any feedback from someone with actual 3d printing experience.