Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
The 411 swap on an LT1takes a lot of tuning. You also have to put a 1996 and newer valve body in your 4L60E. I am finishing up tuning a 411 swap on my LT4 Hotcam engine that is heavily modified. I will assist anyone who plans on doing one.
The delteq system and a good opti work great without spending the cash on the 411 swap. I was wrong when I said that delteq was out of business. I was just looking at their website. The kits are still kinda pricey, but still cheaper than a 411 swap. We will have to see what Aroberson77 & Vilefly come up with.
My 0411/24x/CNP/DBW swap did not take too much tuning honestly speaking. Swapped in a 2002 8.1 engine operating system, copy pasted most of my 350's old table values into the tune. Flashed the entire PCM not just the calibration. After it was all wired up & connected, hit the key. It fired up, idled, had good throttle response, took it for a drive and did a little fine tweaking. I had swapped the heads and cam at the same time. If the 350 Vortec had been stock, it likely would have run well with ZERO additional tuning. I am actually in the process of removing the L31 marine intake and swapping in a ported Edelbrock Vortec TPI base and siamesed SLP runners and plenum onto it. I have one of the LT1/TPI EFIConnection DBW throttle bodies I picked up second hand that I will end up using if it fits and clears the accessory drive I ran previously from a 1995 G20 van on my 1983 G20 that had a 383 TPI in it. I will probably have the only OBD2 TPI Express van in existence.