Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
I'd pay about $25 for 8 from the junkyard assuming they'd work with the LT1 PCM. It's loaded with LS engines these days.

Sure, the LS coils are simple and the LS controls do dwell, but so what? The LT1 PCM isn't a LS PCM. I don't believe the LT1 ignition module is as basic. I have no idea if a LT1 PCM does any internal dwell timing or not but I doubt it. I expect the LT1 ignition module is a current limiting HEI type design. So, if you run the LT1/TBI etc coil on straight switched power you'll likely just burn it out.
I am not so sure the lt-1/vortec ignition module is auto dwell or not. Guess we'll find out. Not one of the most challenging problems ever, you know. You are putting cart before the horse. We need to get back to decoding and counting, otherwise we will get nowhere.

Here is a dwell calculator for you. Stretching the trigger signal from the ecm should pose no real problem.
http://www.useasydocs.com/theory/setdwell.htm

I will not discuss this any further until I need to. I have more important things to do. You have a better idea, draw it up and show us. That is why this forum exists. To share ideas and solve problems. Offer us something.