Thread: DIY LTCC or similar system for LT1s

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Vilefly if you are close to a solution I am interested. I will post photos of the Delteq parts. The mounting brackets and convertor are the Delteq parts. The rest are standard GM coils and module. One thing I did like with the Delteq is that the engine would take 50 degrees of timing.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Vilefly if you are close to a solution I am interested. I will post photos of the Delteq parts. The mounting brackets and convertor are the Delteq parts. The rest are standard GM coils and module. One thing I did like with the Delteq is that the engine would take 50 degrees of timing.
    50 degrees?? that seems insane. we really need to see what is inside the converter. Do you at least have a wiring diagram or remember how the converter is hooked up into the system?

Fuel Injected!
    I have a copy of the diagram. Do you want me to send you a convertor?

Fuel Injected!
    I have a copy of the diagram. Do you want me to send you a convertor?
    if you want, the diagram would be great as well

Fuel Injected!
    Most of what you want can be done with software, and you wouldnt need delteq hardware(which is likely supported by accompanying firmware). The coil driver hardware is easy, the software, on multiple cylinders is easy although the arduino would be taxed during higher rpm operation, looking at microseconds to process dwell time before the next trigger pulse is received.

Bud
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    The delteq was the work around because of the driver issue. The system was developed over a decade ago. The beauty of the system was no programming changes were necessary. The average guy could install it in about an hour.
    The tuning community has grown quite a bit since this stuff was the hot ticket.

Fuel Injected!
    Aroberson77
    You have a PM

Still working on a solution between toddler attacks. Basically, all I have is on paper. I have the LoRes and HiRes signals tied together through an AND gate, going to a Flip-Flop coupled to a Exclusive OR gat to double the pulses I get (a workaround for only single edge triggering ICs), going to a 7-stage binary ripple counter (CD74HC4024E), and those outputs going to 4-input AND gates (5 of them) which decode the Lo-Res "large slots" correctly, and the 5th one for the 2 degree slots.
    LT1_distributor_optical_disk.jpg
    I just have to work on the switchover to a nice, mindless decade counter linked to a demultiplexer/data distributor chip which will be sending the ignition trigger pulse to the correct ignition transistor. It will only look for the leading edge of the Lo-Res signal, nothing more. The decoding gates will reset it at the 1st time, then it will recycle on its own. Switching to the simple setup will be plenty fast for anyone.....nanoseconds baby, nanoseconds. Only limit will be the ignition trigger/dwell signal from the stock ECM. Easily modified by anyone from there.
    Last edited by vilefly; 09-13-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I have the Delteq convertors if you want to dissect one. PM me with your address if you want to look at it. I will say the only major flaw was the sealing and lack of a superior heat sink. The unit bolted directly to the cylinder head.

Fuel Injected!
    Tom once I get the Delteq I will pull it apart and see if I can make a schematic so we can compare to Vilefly's work. I wonder if a better cooled and sealed Delteq unit would be the ticket. I would also like to get it to work with LS style coils since those are available everywhere and I can test with coils off my truck

Fuel Injected!
    So my Opti officially died on me today, I did more research and there are some guys that have attempted to take normal hall effect signals like 58X and convert to the signals to the square wave that is seen by the PCM.

Apparently this chip can help: http://www.ti.com/product/LM1815

See this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...r-preview.html

Fuel Injected!
    More rambling, but could you basically make a trigger wheel with 360 slots and one with 8 slots for the LS sensors to pick up? would whatever crank sensor is used in the LS engines work? Im gonna sketch something up today

Fuel Injected!
    You can get a sensor from AIP Electronics. P/N is OS95LT and they cost about $55.

If you're going to put trigger wheels on the engine then might as well add the coil wiring harness and do the 0411 PCM conversion.

Note that the crank turns 2X for every cam rotation. So, you could move the high resolution 1* signal to the crank but would need to use 720 teeth instead of 360 teeth. You can't put the low resolution signal on the crank, it has to be on the cam.
    Last edited by lionelhutz; 11-14-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aroberson77 View Post
    More rambling, but could you basically make a trigger wheel with 360 slots and one with 8 slots for the LS sensors to pick up? would whatever crank sensor is used in the LS engines work? Im gonna sketch something up today
    No reason you couldn't have a new optispark disk laser cut to your specs and installed in place of the original. Then "analog up" the signal to simulate a reluctor. Oh, wait.....forgot the magnetorestrictive sensor has a digital output like a hall effect sensor. No analoging needed.

Neat post on the alternate opti-conversion, just wish they weren't trading one problem for another.....such as debris damaging those tiny teeth and crank sensor. The crank sensor would have to be a hi-impedence type just like an ABS wheel speed sensor to make it sensitive enough to work.
    Last edited by vilefly; 09-16-2017 at 04:53 AM.