Interesting idea, but I suspect if you lose one injector fuse O2s are going to see a massive lean condition and immediately max out BLMs on both sides. I guess that's better than raw fuel being pumped through the engine. If my memory is correct, on the y-body the injector circuits are split with 1,4,6,7 on one and 2,3,5,8 on the other.

I spent several more hours over the weekend to no avail looking for my spare connector / pigtail that will work with the D580 coil. Local parts places want $30 for one so I ended up getting one off ebay for $13. Really burns me because I know I got a pair of them with the header kit and only cannibalized one that I still use on my test bench rig.

I don't anticipate having time to do thorough testing of the coils until into the new year, but should be able to test igniter current tomorrow or the next day on the D580.

I guess I'm going to need to find or build a good variable DC power supply in order to test at different voltages. I'm also going to be on the lookout for a small toaster oven to bring the coils up to ~100c.