Thread: DIY LTCC or similar system for LT1s

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Circuit boards arrived from China yesterday. I'm nothing short of amazed that a board of this quality with gold plated solder pads, full mask and silk screening can be done for the neighborhood of $3 each in small quantities.

I'm tied up this weekend and probably next helping my mother move, but I was able to assemble one over the last two evenings. I wont be able to test fully for several days and / or weeks, but the initial power-up test proved successful. I fully expect to find at least one problem, but so far everything is looking good. I'll try to post a picture or two soon.

This leaves me needing a solution for a case. As much as I'm personally satisfied with potting them in silicone, I would really prefer some type of serviceable case so modifications can be made (there are three open outputs and one input). I've been stewing over some ideas for a 3d printed affair with o-ring sealing around the wiring penetrations and a lexan / acrylic lid (also with o-ring sealing).

How ever that pans out, I'll have some boards available around the end of August if anyone would like to come up with their own case in order to test.
    Attached Images Attached Images