Thread: DIY LTCC or similar system for LT1s

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
    I would imagine it depends heavily on RPM and commanded spark advance. My assumption is that beyond some pre-determined RPM (for the sake of discussion let's pretend it's 5000) it simply switches the ICM back on immediately after it switched off as a "best effort" type methodology. But without someone dumping the TPU ROM or a bunch more waveform captures it's all conjecture.
    Why can't anyone read a whole paragraph?

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    At this point, I definitely would bet against switching to the next coil on each low-res crank signal working correctly. I too highly doubt that the PCM could command 46* advance at any rpm and still restrain the coil charging time to be between two low-res signals. I'd bet that the PCM turns the coil back on to fire the next cylinder coil before the low-res pulse identifying the cylinder that just fired even appears.
    As in the PCM must at some point turn the coil on again almost immediately after firing it to always be able to produce 46* of advance. When it does it exactly doesn't matter, the fact is that it's EXTREMELY likely that it does it.

I just don't get the reason to cherry pick little bits of a response to make the exact same comment as the COMPLETE paragraph that you cherry picked has. You did it again when I was describing a method that could be used to provide 8 coils with the proper dwell at all time. Why else would I have wrote that the EST line can still be used to trigger the spark, besides the FACT THAT I WROTE the 8-coil LTCC module doesn't have to do any actual timing calculations in the previous sentence right before the line you felt you had to make a special point about basically repeating what I posted.
    Last edited by lionelhutz; 11-13-2017 at 05:31 AM.