Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
The factory wiring of the coils have 2 separate circuits bank to bank each running 15amp fuse
I would assume those fuses are probably well oversized for the D580 coil requirements. Of course, I only know what my 8183 coils draw by way of having blown fuses.

The fuses I blew were the original 10 amp that I killed intentionally, and then a 15 amp that only got taken out because I accidentally disconnected the EST wire from the breadboard and all the coils dwelled simultaneously without firing. Before I added my wideband to this circuit I took it to 6500+ rpm several times with a 15 amp.

I cut my original coil power circuit back by several feet and used heavier wire between the two banks of the new harness. The controller should be powered by this circuit so it's measuring voltage as close to the coil power as possible. The total power draw of the controller is going to be less than 0.2 amps so not much to worry about there.

Ls1`s use 0.06''
Interesting, I'm seeing one part lookup source calling for AC 41162 iridium gapped at 0.040" as the OE plugs for the first gen LS1.

Honestly, I don't think gap makes much difference. I'm currently running double iridiums gapped at .045. I have some cheap copper plugs I could gap at .055 or .060 but it's a pain to get the boots to click on 6 & 8 because of the headers and the dipstick tube so I'm going to probably pass on experimenting with different plugs.

On a side note how hard will be to repurpose the LTCC controller to signal translator from opti to ls1 based 24x signal.
We discussed that starting around page 28 of this thread. [link] My opinion really hasn't changed much about it but it would be fairly trivial to attempt if I was in the right mood. I just don't see a really compelling reason to want to try.