Thread: DIY LTCC or similar system for LT1s

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chiming in with another update.

Spent the weekend flushing the A/C system, rebuilt the compressor, replaced the receiver / dryer and put an exact oil and refrigerant charge in the mule. Planning to daily her as much as possible over the summer and leather seats and un-tinted windows combined with old fat guys is a recipe for swampass.

Was all pumped up to run it this morning but lost the "going" commute logs due to laptop freezing up about 1/2 way to work.

Return log was productive. Been working on dialing in the VE tables in SD and fine tuning the A/C IAC adders to smooth out the torque spike when the compressor engages.

kur4o if you're interested that 77c Motorad thermostat seems to be working great. In 40c ambient air [EDIT: ambient was actually like 29c, IAT was 40c] the hottest coolant temp I saw was 93c even sitting at a stop light with the A/C on max. Disclaimer, summer isn't fully here yet and things may change in a heat island caused by a traffic jam of cars with their A/C's also on max.

Finally got positive confirmation of bouncing off the 6800rpm rev limiter and what overlap was happening at that point - things look happy there.

Everything seems to be aces with this build. I've lost my pitch counter but have attempted to keep close track of startups and think it's around 55-60 starts with only one instance that didn't "catch" that I'm sure was operator error - anticipated a quick catch and let off the key prematurely.

Hoping to see someone win the challenge, at which point I'll call the current build v1.0 and launch a support thread.