Quote Originally Posted by vilefly View Post
Hey Aroberson77,
How's the delteq schematic decoding going?
I have a theory on how it converts the optispark signals to a northstar reluctor signal. And the eprom theory, of course. A northstar reluctor has 32 teeth total, unevenly spaced....or so I thought. 24 slots are 15degrees evenly spaced, and 8 more slots 7.5 degrees spaced between the 15 degree slots at various points. I imagine you can take the 360 degree signal from the optispark and double it, and use it as a clock signal for the circuit once it is synchronized. so now the 7.5* becomes an integer at 14*.

The crank sensors are spaced 27 degrees apart. This can be simulated by 2 outputs separated by a 27 count counter. Now it is a 54 count, since we doubled everything. Hope this helps if you use an arduino with a for-next loop that is 720 counts incremented by the doubled hi-res input.

The eprom method would consist of raw sensor readings digitized into memory that is accessed by a binary counter coupled to the synchronized Hi-res signal.
I've been too busy trying to get my car back together to look at the delteq too much. Hopefully this week I can spend some time with it. Your theory sounds pretty good since it is easy to just change counts