Thread: DIY LTCC or similar system for LT1s

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The meteorologists were talking up the forecast for today so I postponed tear-down with the anticipation of taking a short test drive.

Duct tape holding the breadboard to the windshield, I managed to get these logs.

There is a serious problem that presents as hard hesitation right around several RPM bands, starting around 1800-2200. In the controller log I noticed several lines around 2200 RPM like:

Code:
    R2200:S33:D56:C2:V13.42:E0:L56
    L56 is indicating that dwell started 56 degrees later than requested - possibly for a few microseconds before the EST signal was caught, if at all.

I found that if I accelerate through this range the problem went away. Watching my tach this seemed to be starting around 1800 so I suspect my tach reads lower than actual.

Managed to get a short pass at my "private drag strip" - peak RPM in the .eedata file was 6329 @ frame 2590 / timestamp 246.6. I wanted to push it all the way to the rev limiter but had a run-in with johnny law 15 minutes earlier when I was running late for a hair cut appoint (41 in a 35), so I thought it best not to push my luck. I felt the same type of hesitation again in a higher (4000-5000 rpm) band but I haven't looked for this in the log yet.

I'm feeling optimistic this could be an issue introduced with the most recent changes, but there's really no telling until I have time to test thoroughly which will unfortunately be several weeks out. It could however have been always present because don't recall revving slowly through the first 2200 rpm "problem" band when testing previously. Whatever the case, I'm still going to pull my rotor out out of the opti when I have the engine out. If that doesn't give me ample motivation to fix this nothing will.