Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
I did one start with some idling till warmed up.
Are you meaning with engine running from all 8 cop coils, or some other testing configuration?

Started within 1 second of cranking.
This is not what I would call a good description of an LT-1 starting. I've had one somewhat "sketchy" start since moving to the 0.9.40 release. Otherwise it's been great, but with maybe 90 degrees more crank rotation. I actually logged it and can see the EST line arming / going high and then firing before the first cylinder would have fired (but wasn't because no dwell). I might do a pass-through thing for this to get fire sooner because the issue is going to be flooding the engine before any spark is delivered. But I think you have some other issues. A full second of cranking is very long for a healthy LT-1.

Will do more tests of random cranking.
My suggestion would be not to worry a bunch right now about trying to make it break during startup with random "trickery". Unless your perception of 1 second (1000 milliseconds) is a lot different than mine, you have some other start related issue that's obviously happening with your stock ignition system also. You said it here "Started on the second try which is not unusual on my setup".

I may be completely out to lunch here, but I think your injector flow constant is way off in left field. I would like to say you can trust me but I can't. What I can say is that after about a year of trying to extrapolate my IFC by way of trim numbers and then settling on where I'm at now, it hasn't started this well since I put my Multec injectors in the storage tote.

On light throttle change I feel very little hesitation, On hard throttle change no hesitation at all.
Let's revisit this after you answer my first question.