Thread: Fan enable (TunerPro) are they too low?

Fuel Injected!

Fan enable (TunerPro) are they too low?

Under fan enable/coolant temp, I noticed that my temps are 82.3 low speed (both) and 85.3 high speed (both). Is this the celsius temp of when they come on? If so, that seems a bit too low for my tastes. I'd like to run it a bit hotter, since my gauge never gets above 1/4 and the fans are almost always on.

Also, is there a place in TunerPro to turn the fans off once the car is at highway speed?

Thanks for your help.

Super Moderator
    those are a little low, even for a 180 thermostat. once the engine is at operating temp, the fans would never kick off of low-speed. for a typical 195, that's insane and just causing excessive wear on the fan(s) and alternator.

those would be reasonable numbers for a 160(or 170 thermostat though), not that I'm particularly fond of running an engine that cold.

some calibrations do have a maximum vehicle speed for fan activity, but it really depends on what ECM/mask you're using.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    those are a little low, even for a 180 thermostat. once the engine is at operating temp, the fans would never kick off of low-speed. for a typical 195, that's insane and just causing excessive wear on the fan(s) and alternator.

those would be reasonable numbers for a 160(or 170 thermostat though), not that I'm particularly fond of running an engine that cold.

some calibrations do have a maximum vehicle speed for fan activity, but it really depends on what ECM/mask you're using.
    Thank you. I re-installed the 180 t-stat and bumped the temps up to 185 low, 195 high. We will see how that goes