Thread: No start TBI/TPI truck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    It may have pointed to 3 before back when I had to take the intake off to clean the EGR ports out. Either way, does it not hurt to just move the distrib housing to compensate? Thats what I did then. This time, I tried with no luck.
    I still cannot understand why my timing light flashes on the coil wire, but not on any spark plug wire. What is it from the distributor and rotor thats causing so much resistance that it cant even light up a gun? Or is it normal for a gun to not light up on only battery power?

1992 Camaro Z28 5.7
    1995 Silverado 5.7 TPI

Fuel Injected!
    Did you plug a spark plug into a wire and lay it on the engine and see if it sparked?

Fuel Injected!
    I did and it had good spark. Today I also took the fuel rail off over to the bench and hooked my injector tester up to each one, and they all opened up and flowed fine.
    I put it all back together a few hours ago, sprayed carb cleaner in the cylinders, left the fuel pump unplugged and got ignition for a quick second.
    So I think its possible there is actually a fuel issue instead.

1992 Camaro Z28 5.7
    1995 Silverado 5.7 TPI

Fuel Injected!
    If the plugs are drenched and won't fire you won't get the timing light triggering

Fuel Injected!
    It's starting up now. There may be some broken wires somewhere to the injectors. At any rate, it started up immediately but then also quickly made its way up up and away to 2000rpm before I killed it. A zip file, inside a CSV of those 5 seconds is what I captured. I dont know how much help that is though.
    I tried this a couple of more times and it acted the same. I then swapped in the old TBI ECM, and it also took off, but stopped at about 1500.
    For what it's worth, the timing connector is disconnected.
    Attached Files Attached Files

1992 Camaro Z28 5.7
    1995 Silverado 5.7 TPI

Fuel Injected!
    Sounds like you have your IAC wiring messed up somewhere or you have a large vacuum leak.

Fuel Injected!
    If there is a 500rpm difference between TBI and MPFI chips, then there must be an issue in programming as well?
    I have an ebay adaptor for the IAC wiring. It just converts the TBI connector to the LT1/LS1 style controller. Is this going to be an issue?

1992 Camaro Z28 5.7
    1995 Silverado 5.7 TPI