Thread: any way to test stock 7747 ecm before i go through the effort to put a zif in?

Fuel Injected!

any way to test stock 7747 ecm before i go through the effort to put a zif in?

So my truck currently has the transmission out so I can't start the motor. How can I test a 7747 I bought to make sure it functions properly? I don't know anyone else with one of these ecms. Anyone in dutchess county ny want to plug in my ecm to your vehicle and see if it works?

Fuel Injected!
    Is this a conversion to TBI from carb?

And why can you not start the engine with the trans removed? The trans doesnt have to be attached to the engine for the engine to start as long as the flexplate and starter are installed.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    My truck is already tbi. I would test the ecm on my own vehicle but I don't want to start the engine because its kind of being balanced while the transmission is out and I don't want the vibration of starting it to knock the wood out from under the oil pan that's holding it up. So the ecm I have I want to put a zif in so I can put a burnable chip in so I can use it on my dads truck. I just wanted to have a chip ready ecm all set so I can swap it for his stock ecm. So I was looking for a way to test the ecm I have before I go through the effort of soldering and unsoldering.

Fuel Injected!
    Truth be known those ecm's have a very low failure rate. Without building some sort of engine simulator, there isnt much you can do in the way of testing the ecm. You need to imitate sensors like O2, TPS, CTS, etc and even then, what sort of failure are you looking for/expecting? Not trying to be a prick, just giving you the facts.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    I just wanted to verify that the ecm would run an engine but I see what your saying. I think I'm just going to some in the zif and hope for the best.