Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo 400 to 4l80e swap need help

Quote Originally Posted by Antipoped View Post
    Just curious, does your 7060 have the stock memcal? If so what is it/was it?
    Yes, I don't recall the letter designation off hand.
    The memcal is an all in one bin chip, knock filter and limp home mode all soldered onto a single board, using the G1 adapter it maintains the connections of the knock filter and limp mode to the pcm but keeps the bin portion isolated, then you plug in your erasable chip into the open slots on the G1 via the zif socket to make it easy to remove.

To read a bin out of a memcal you need a HDR1 memcal header, this connects the memcal to the Burn2 to read and save the bin to your pc.

http://www.moates.net/hdr1-memcal-he....html?cPath=64
    Dean

Electronic Ignition!
    Hey Dean, good news looks like it's the stock memcal BAAX

billygraves
    I offer this as it is something to consider and think about.

The statement "You only need to change the force motor if you go to a later $OE bin. The earlier 80e had a cleaning cycle that the newer doesn't and runs at a different frequency."
    I understand you are saying this about taking a 91-93 4L80-E Transmission with a Bosch Force Motor (FM) and installing/replacing just the FM for a 94-2002 Holley Manufactured FM.

This is something I would not consider doing even if you have knowledge about the 4L80-E Hydraulics, history, controls systems, sofware, calibrations, and experience. To just update or replace the force motor may bring uncontrolled commanded ending line/clutch pressures. Take the time to look up a GM Hydraulics schematic (Within the Service Manual) on a 4L80-E from 1991-1993 AND then compare it to a 94-2003 in the area of the Force Motor 3 circuits. Compare each circuit and it's placement in the Valvebody cavity and what is does before you consider this move. Just something to consider.
    In a nut shell the 1991-1993 4L80-E had a Bosch design Force Motor. The 1994-2003 used a Holley Manufactured FM and 2004 up used a Borg-Warner FM. The 91-93 "Package" should remain together. The Package is the TCM/PCM, FM, Valvebody, spacer Plate, Aux Valvebody and internal wiring harness. The 91-93 Bosch FM Required a cleaning cycle to keep sediment build up to a low level on the Bosch FM Armature to operate correctly. As the FM cycled, via the software within the PCM/TCM, the pressure rise/drop was absorbed via the Aux VB Compensation spring/valve.
    The 3 FM Circuits (Bosch to Holley compare) are different in their placement within the VB Cavities so just swapping them you risk potential failures. If you use a 91-93 FM set up with a 94 up PCM/TCM the "Cleaning Cycle" will not take place risking the FM to stick with an outcome of low and/or high pres. There is not a manner in which you can "Turn Off" the cycle within the 91-93 PCM unless you are within the software realm.
    You may do as you wish but to take such a risk is up to you. I know of very few who could correctly do a "Root Cause Diagnosis" on one of these failures correctly.
    Last edited by billygraves; 07-21-2017 at 06:05 AM.

I found my memcal number, it is; BAMS 5225 from what I found, your number is from a '93 GMC C2500HD 5.7 TBI & 4L80E
    so, my offer of a copy of my stock bin still stands if you're interested.
    Dean

Electronic Ignition!
    Yeah that sounds good to me. You can give me your address and I'll send that Pcm your way. My email is antipoped@yahoo.Com Thanks again

Yeah that sounds good to me. You can give me your address and I'll send that Pcm your way. My email is antipoped@yahoo.Com Thanks again
    Re-read post 14, you need to purchase pieces from Moates, I mail you the programmed chip and you put it together.
    Dean

Electronic Ignition!
    I completely misunderstood. Thought you wanted to swap pcm's. So I read post #8 wrong and thought I had to start with a STOCK 7.4 pcm. I didn't see the word memcal in that post. So looking in the bcc database I downloaded, I see that BAMS memcal is a 7.4 P3 chassis (class A) with a 4.10 rear end. That would get me going, but wouldn't be totally correct. Mine is a G3 chassis class c (van chassis and front end with a motorhome on it) I went through all 109 pages of the bcc database I downloaded, and found all the matching memcal codes for my 0706 with a G3 7.4 4L80 7.37. Any chance you could burn me one of those codes, buy the adapters from from Moates, and I plugnplay? Here's a page on gearhead I found some bins that match for 0706. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-85

Electronic Ignition!
    Here's the list of codes:
    ASZF
    ASZH
    ASZL
    ASZM
    AWAY
    AWAY
    AWBA
    AWBB
    BAMU
    BAMX

Electronic Ignition!
    Does the rear end gears have anything to do at all with the pcm and the way it runs? Or am I wrong?

Electronic Ignition!
    Rereading post 23 makes it sound like I want you to buy the adapters from Moates. I would be buying the adapters, and paying you for the chip.

Electronic Ignition!
    And one of those AWAY files should be AWAW

Electronic Ignition!
    And now that I look at it....the other AWAY file should be AWAX (stupid auto correct)

Fuel Injected!
    I have been following this thread and seen a few refs to plugnplay. Most of the time when you mod the type of things the guys do on this board is not plugnplay in the sense you drop in a chip and go driving. You might want to say what your exact expectations are.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

I went through all 109 pages of the bcc database I downloaded, [/url]
    Can you post the a link to that database ?
    Dean