is it possible to do a MAF conversion on this ECU?

i will have to add an ignition shift interrupt to this, hopefully the PCM wont get to cranky about it. the shift interrupt kills the ignition (+12 to coil) for a brief second to kill the load and allow the boat to get into or out of gear

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
I see some challenges using a 16168625 PCM for a Marine Carburetor to a Marine TBI conversion. Usually the 1227747 ECM is the Marine TBI computer of choice. The 1227747 has a park switch input, which eliminates the need for a Vehicle Speed Sensor. Setting the 1227747 park switch to Ground (battery -) tells the 1227747 the vehicle is in park. The 1227747 will operate an engine when the 1227747 thinks the engine is in park.

The 16168625 does not a simple park switch input. It might be possible to configure the transmission gear position inputs of the 16168625 to indicate park. (That's something I have not tried to do) The 16168625 uses Vehicle Speed input to select near idle or off idle fuel and spark tables. It might be possible to configure the vehicle speed parameters along with the TPS% parameters to "lock" the 16168625 into using the Off Idle fuel and spark tables only?

I'm sure a Marine engine would run with a 16168625 without a Vehicle Speed input, I'm just not sure how well the engine would run? Perhaps there is a way to have a GPS supply the 16168625 with a vehicle speed input?

dave w
Thanks for hoping in this thread.
I did see that there is a switch to tell this PCM that it is a manual transmission. in that case shouldn't it ignore all the transmission controls?
I have been looking at a GPS that does have a USART output, depending on the what the speed sensor output looks like I could program up a microcontroller to spit out the output to the PCM as needed.

or see if someone wants to trade my 8625 for their 7747

would the ECU from a vortec (96+) gain me anything? I found like 6 of them at the junk yard

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
You do not have $EE. That is from the 8051 ECM used with LT1 engines. The ecm is completely different.

BDJZ is $E6. Go to google and type BJDZ site:gearhead-efi.com and you'll get good results.

The 12 Ohm injectors could be used but there are a number of values that will need to be changed including the injector corrections and fuel flow rate.

If the calibration you're using can be set for non-electronic transmisison then you may be able to use a simple park input.

I think the wise choice is to get as much as possible from the junk yard truck.
I have been doing lots of searching and I know know I have a $E6. thank you for confirming it

the truck did not make it to the lot so i will call tomorrow to see if it's ready