Thread: Newbie question regarding Red/Blue PCMs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    No, I have not done any data logging because with the incorrect EPROM the ECM was in limp home mode. Also, when I connected a scanner to the ALDL, I was not able to read any codes. Once I installed the EPROM you sent with the AKDX bin, the motor ran fine initially. After 4-5 restarts, the motor began to falter and struggled to idle smoothly. From that point on, it was hard to start and I could see heavy streams of fuel (not a fine mist) pouring from the injectors. I suspect one of the areas in need of some attention will have to be the idle fuel mixture.

Now with the AKDX installed, my next objective is to figure out how to data log using my AutoPROM.

Fuel Injected!
    You really should get the datalogging up and running for even the initial start ups. You can record it all and be able to look through the log and see most of the problems your experiencing.

Fuel Injected!
    I was successful in getting three data log files which I uploaded into a new thread...

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?6814-Need-help-deciphering-7747-data-logs&p=67408#post67408

After posting the data logs, it dawned upon me that when I opened TunerPro (to begin data logging) the software had loaded the last set of .bin, .xdf, and ,adx files. I had read somewhere that prior to starting data logging, there should have been a copy of an .adx/.ads file loaded.

Will having these "old" files loaded in TunerPro have an effect or in some way contaminate the data logs?

Do you recommend that I do a new set of data logs with only an appropriate .adx loaded?

Lastly, is there a way that I can extract and save the .bin file that is currently burned on the EPROM in the ECM? What are the steps for doing this task?
    Last edited by 57 Handyman; 10-09-2017 at 03:56 AM. Reason: add more information

Fuel Injected!
    yes, just down load the file you sent me and have tp open it.i looked at the datalogs, put the 288 back in with the chip that went to my truck and get a data log at 185 degrezz at idle with out giving it gas and let me look at that.you can read the 232 chips but you cannot pro gram them. tuner cats has a free to try program that includes the 747 ecm you may want to look and play wit it. try pluging the data log cord I sent and see if it will be picked up by the auto prom driver.you are advancing [data logging.]
    Last edited by ony; 10-09-2017 at 07:32 PM.