Thread: Starting to Learn on 95 G30 5.7 for Towing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So along yesterday's discussion, from the other thread where changing the o2 stoich from 14.7 to another number for E10...
    I started my tune with the setting at 14.2. On the dyno months ago, I ran several passes with it set at 14.2 then ran a few with it set at 14.7 without touching anything else. The haltech wideband logging the showed a slight difference but it was almost not even readable. Run to run variation showed almost as much change and block learn at WOT did not move. So I left it at 14.7 and continued to refine the tables once in a while. Yesterday after the discussion I decided to change the stoich afr to 14.4 and see. I was hoping that it would not mess up the tables. There have been two very noticable changes in the table since the start, once was when I filled up with gas after the first tank. Everything across the board went slightly lean. The second was my doing. I decided I didn't like the richness of the VE table on decel even though I never hit a lot of them over 3600, and copied the first three columns from the stock bin and pasted them in to redo that area.

Today I was worried that the change from 14.7 to 14.4 would cause the need for big table changes. Again I was surprised with the real results. It did not change a lot. WB02 readings stayed good and the block learn was very good in most cells. I am attaching the worksheet. It's not done there is straggler data where the sample count as very low. I have not weeded that out. It seems that sweating over setting it at 14.2 or 14.4 or 14.7 makes no real drastic change in the VE table, even when the table was dialed in at another setting. The difference between tanks of fuel made a bigger change in the tables.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by donf; 03-11-2019 at 03:48 PM.